CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Atlas' view

I watched Eva as she slept on me, her mark starting to bruise. I reached out to touch it but I didn't want to wake her. Her hair fell delicately over her face and I looked in awe at her simple beauty. It made so much sense to me now I had her in my arms and I was incredibly happy I didn't marry someone else. As I brushed her hair out of her face it slowly dawned on me. Eva knew I was a werewolf. She stirred slightly and her eyes fluttered open. I smiled as she looked at me, her beautiful hazel eyes looking into mine.

"Good morning, gorgeous." I whispered to her kissing her forming mark. She sighed and said a "good morning" back.

"We better get up, princey. We need to help Anna find her answers." She moved to get out of bed but I pulled her back down pinning her under my body. She giggled making me smile as I buried my head in her neck.

"A few more minutes, please." I gave her my best puppy dog eyes and she smiled, nodding. We moved back so her head was resting on my chest and my arms were around her. She circled her fingers on my chest and I matched her speed as I ran my fingers through her hair.

After what hardly felt like enough time, Eva got out of the bed and walked over to the pile of clothes we had left on the floor. She picked up her dress and laughed loudly before turning it and showing me how it was ripped down the front. Obviously, I wasn't as gentle as I thought. She then disappeared into a closet pulling out another dress.

"Anna always made sure there were spare dresses and suits in every room, in case guests forgot theirs. Thank the heavens she did." We laughed together and she threw me my clothes, which weren't ripped. Once we were changed, the sun still hadn't fully risen but it began escaping through the mountains. I held out my arm for her to take and she giggled wrapping her hand around my bicep before we walked out the door. I could tell no one else was up. The only noises I was detecting were the scurries of maids and servants on the bottom floor of the castle.

That was until I heard an angry scream and a thud. Eva noticed me tense and she looked up at me. I knew it was Anna. I never thought about how the fixing of my soulmate bond would affect her considering ours had been broken. I walked Eva to the room where I knew Anna was. Eva could hear her smashing things up and before I went to open the door, she stopped me.

"I will talk to her, sister to sister." I nodded and walked away, leaving Eva to enter the ballroom.

I walked down the corridor, looking at all the paintings. There were many of the past king, Anna's father. He looked regal in many of them, painted with halos and splashes of gold and purple around him. It began to sink in how hurt Anna must be feeling and I should have thought more about what Eva and I did last night. However now my mind was on that, the thoughts hardened my dick. Her moans were pure ecstasy and I was hooked. She was everything I had searched for and upon finally seeing her, my life had changed so much.

She really is a specimen, Atlas. My wolf spoke up for the first time in a while. It was a positive comment for once.

I met her on the hill. She wasn't afraid of us. I love her. I rolled my eyes knowing how attached wolves get to their mates. I did like Eva but I wasn't sure I could say I love her.

"Do you think she would fully accept us? I mean I have no control over you." I spoke aloud to my wolf, still looking up at a painting of Anna and Eva when they were children.

"She is a loving girl, who fully doesn't understand who she is yet. She has already accepted your wolf. He can sense that." I turned my neck to see a young woman, probably around 40. She had purple eyes and long black hair and was wearing a dark purple gown covering her body from neck to toe.

"Agatha?" she nodded smiling at me. I was in shock and turned to fully face her.

"With the curse broken, I was restored to how I should have aged. I am so sorry for what I put you through. I hope Eva cleared everything up for you." She didn't look at me but instead looked at her daughter.

"You have nothing to apologize for. You were trying to protect your child. I know parents who wouldn't risk their power for anything." I recalled my parents, thinking about how horrified they were that I was born with werewolf blood in me. It was rare but as my mother suffered a werewolf attack whilst she was pregnant, I was half-werewolf, with strong Alpha blood in me. I had always wondered why I was chosen to be different.

"Your parents do love you, Atlas. I know it may seem as they don't but they do. They just never understood what you needed. But the moon goddess blessed you with Eva, a half breed herself, mind my slang." I smiled thinking of how lucky I was to have Eva. She was truly unique in her mannerisms, appearance and skills.

She began to walk and ushered me to follow her.

"You know, Eva will be able to teach you how to control your wolf. She knows a lot about werewolves and control. I mean, she is intelligent. She has already mastered many skills in her magic. Her magic may be weaker than other witches but she is still highly skilled and has great potential." I pondered for a moment before thinking how Eva was able to control my wolf in the forest, yesterday.

"Agatha, the mating ritual for wolves... does it affect witches differently?" I winced realizing what I just said to Eva's mother.

She laughed patting my arm, for she couldn't reach my shoulder, "Don't be embarrassed. I knew the only way for the spell to be broken was for that to happen. Nothing will hurt Eva if that's what you're worried about. Once the mark heals, only werewolves will be able to see it. To everyone else, she will look normal. She can also mark you and this won't hurt you either. Just as the werewolf mark can only be seen by werewolves, the witch mark can only be seen by witches. She can choose where to place it on you. Many choose to put it on the chest, right over the heart showing the strongest devotion." I nodded glad she wasn't awkward to talk to.

"I bet it wasn't easy, leaving Eva here." She looked at me, frowning with slight tears in her eyes.

"No, it wasn't. She is a brave woman though. With nothing to fight for, she fought hard and I will always admire that. When I had given up all hope, I would come to the market and watch her. Her courage gave me what I needed to carry on until you arrived."

Suddenly there was a high pitched scream ringing through the castle and the two of us ran to the source of it.