CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Eva's view

I watched Atlas walk away from the ballroom and I pushed open the door to see Anna throwing used glasses and plates onto the floor. The room looked a mess and she looked broken.

I approached her slowly, "Anna?" she turned to look up at me and surprisingly ran to me, roaring a sort of battle cry. As she came up to me, my instincts kicked in and I stopped her punch forcing her to the floor.

"Anna, you need to talk to me." She grunted and got off the floor, trying to attack me again. I did the same again, catching her hand and pushing her behind me. She kept trying and I kept stopping her, making sure to protect her from herself.

After about 6 or 7 attempts she gave up and sat on the floor sobbing. I sat down next to her.

"How could you?" I sighed as she wept.

"I am sorry, Anna." She shook her head.

"Not you, Eva. Him." She pointed to the portrait of her father on his coronation day. I stood up and walked over to the painting.

"He, in his own twisted mind, thought he was doing the right thing by you, Anna." She sniffed and stood next to me wrapping her arms around me. I hugged her tight, wincing slightly as her arms hit the bruise on my neck.

When she realized I was in pain, she pulled her arm back from staring at the bruise. She gasped and then smirked even with her red puffy eyes.

"How was it?" I hit her gently before laughing. I couldn't even contemplate the intense pain she was in. She had been lied to her entire life. I promised I would fill her in later. She turned to the portrait again, thinking aloud. "I wonder what he would say to me, now I know his secret." I thought back to what my mother had told me.

"We can." She turned back to me. "I can do a resurrection spell. My mother taught me how to." She hugged me again, this time careful to miss my neck. I smiled hoping Anna wouldn't be hurt anymore.

She turned to look at her room, gasping at the sight of it. I laughed as she started to tidy up the mess she made.

"Eva, help me." She begged as she picked up glass shards off the floor, cutting her hand, wincing. I grabbed her and looked at the cut. It wasn't deep but like any insignificant cut, there was a lot of blood.

"Here, let me. Trust me, Anna." She nodded and I used my magic to heal her hand. My eyes glowed and the slow mist covered her hand. When the mist disappeared, the cut was gone. I smiled and she didn't freak out, only by the skin of her teeth. I laughed and then used my magic to clean and fix the entire room. Chairs and tables lifted; broken shards of glass rejoined to form the glasses and plates. Soon each piece was back to its original setting, even down to the dessert spoon.

Once the mist disappeared, I collapsed. Anna was quick to catch me, sitting me down on the closest chair. She smiled and I weakly smiled back.

"That was impressive. What else can you do?" I laughed at her enthusiasm. The sun shone through the large window and I soon felt my magic being replenished.

"So, now we have a little time, would you like to tell me about where that bruise came from?" We both giggled like we were 10 again and I felt so close to her once again. I told her about how it felt to feel the soulmate bond surge through you.

Never did her enthusiasm falter. The light came back into her eyes and I was amazed as I saw the real Anna for the first time since I rescued her. We laughed and gossiped about everything again. I told her all about Atlas and the cupboard incident. She gasped at each detail and laughed when I told her about the ripped dress.

"I'm glad we're back to normal, Anna. I really missed you." She smiled and agreed.

"No matter how we found each other or were forced together as it seems by my father, we are still true sisters." I hugged her.

Once I felt myself again, I stood up and Anna and I went to leave the ballroom to find Atlas who I left to wander the corridors of the castle. We walked to the door and just as we left, a maid came running in yelling at Anna.

"Princess Anastasia! Princess! It's your mother. She needs you now." I looked at Anna, who was as pale as a sheet. I grabbed her and dragged her in the direction of the maid.

Once we made it to the Queen's chamber, Anna walked inside and I paced outside the room waiting for any news.

Suddenly, I heard Anna scream out in such pain, it made me jolt. I collapsed to the floor, feeling tears stream from my face. I tried to pick myself up and get myself to her.