CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Atlas' view

Anna came running inside saying lots of things about Eva and spells. I ran back outside to see her collapsed on the ground. I picked her up, ignoring the tingles on my skin from our touch and brought her into my room. I yelled at Anna to get her mother immediately who scurried out of the room.

Agatha came in and assessed her. She assured me it was just her body's way of stopping her from using any magic until it was replenished. The spell she did for Anna drained her excessively. She left and Anna came in sitting on the edge of the bed as I paced back and forth waiting for Eva to wake.

"I never meant for this to happen. I didn't realize it would. I'm so sorry." I looked at her, obviously upset.

"She doesn't know her own magic ability yet. A spell-like that was so dangerous for her. I'm just glad she will be okay." Anna nodded. I hoped she knew I didn't blame her. In all honesty, I was just scared. I felt as though I just found Eva and so many things were standing in our way. Tonight, I was supposed to leave to go back home but I couldn't if Eva didn't wake up.

Anna left as the air became thick. It was just so tense for us to be close, worrying about Eva.

I fell next to her on the bed, leaning on my side staring at her features. Eva's hair was delicate as it lined her face. Her lips were plump and red. Her face was slightly flushed. She was beautiful and I couldn't believe she was actually mine. I was so amazed to have a beautiful, powerful half-witch to be my mate. The mark on her neck was finally visible as the bruising was gone. I wondered if she would ever choose to mark me.

"Stop staring, princey." She spoke with her eyes closed. I jumped and leant up to look down on her. She smiled and opened her eyes. I looked into them and she looked back. Time just stopped as we stared into each other's eyes, feeling the soulmate pull and letting it pull however it wanted without us stopping it.

My body moved over hers and her hands ran into my hair and down my arms which were either side of her body. I kissed her mark and she shivered making me laugh.

"I was so worried about you, Eva," I whispered from her neck. She sighed in content and pulled me closer to her.

"I needed Anna to say goodbye to her parents. I knew I was slipping but she wasn't finished." We cuddled in silence for what felt like a lifetime before someone knocked at the door.

I got up, leaving Eva on the bed. She had fallen asleep as we were cuddling. Her mouth was slightly open and she looked so cute. Agatha and Anna were stood outside the door and I opened it letting them inside. Eva woke up as Agatha stroked her forehead slowly. Eva stretched her arms into the air. She yawned slightly and swung her legs around allowing me and Anna to sit down beside her.

"I have to talk to the three of you." Agatha sat down and we looked at her.

"I think I have a lot of explaining to do and through no fault of your own, you don't realize how important you are." We all perked up and listened intently.

"Before the curse, before you were born, your destinies were intertwined. The four of you are meant for greatness which is why you all have different parts of the world around us. There is a prophecy that states that four individuals will be significant in the future. Anna, you are the human part of the kingdoms. You represent the parts that keep us sane and forgiving. Eva, you are the witch part representing all of the magic and the spirit. Atlas, with your wolf abilities you represent the comradery of the kingdoms as well as the strength. The final piece is about Anna's soulmate who is not dead. Now I don't know where he is but I redid the spell and it worked. If he was dead it wouldn't work." Anna gasped, stood and began pacing the room. She was deep in thought and Eva was looking at her.

"You are all destined for greatness, which right now I cannot tell you of. There are many challenges you must overcome and then when you do, your destinies will be separated and your lives will continue as normal. There are some things you will notice that link you, your soulmate bonds for one."

"Is that why we can feel each other's emotions? Is that another thing that links us?" Agatha nodded at Eva's question. I thought back to certain emotions and realized we can feel them. When the queen died, we were all filled with intense emotions of grief but it was Anna's grief. That's why Eva fell.

"Why don't we feel everything?" Agatha thought for a moment before continuing.

"Only strong emotions can be felt. If you felt all the emotions of each other, it would be a cart-wreck. Grief, happiness and anger are felt the strongest. But these must be felt at such a heart-wrenching level."

"Where is my soulmate? How do I find him? When can I go? Well, I'll need to get..." Anna began muttering things to do with her soulmate.

Eva quickly interrupted her, reminding her of her civic duties to the kingdom. She immediately offered her services to go and I agreed.

"No, Atlas. You need to go back to your kingdom. You need to claim your birthright. This quest is for me." I sighed and grabbed her into me. She kissed my neck and I held in a moan, knowing we had company.

I let her go and turn to Anna. I hid my hardness from everyone, knowing it wasn't appropriate. Eva would always have that effect on me.

"The day after my coronation I wish for you, Eva, to follow the locator spell, find my soulmate and bring him home to me." She accepted the quest and Anna and Agatha left leaving the two of us alone again.