CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

I watched as she paced the room, muttering to herself and every so often shaking her head as her plans weren't right. I didn't know what to do to comfort her at that moment. We had just been told that our destinies were intertwined long before any of us were born. I wondered how Anna's soulmate was tied into this.

"You have to go back to your kingdom, Atlas." She spoke up. I shook my head and took long strides to her from the bed, embracing her quickly. She relaxed in my arms and I felt intoxicated by her scent.

"I can't go back, not now." She whimpered in my arms but I held her tighter. We stood in each other's arms for a short time. She pulled away and went to the window, wrapping her arms around her tiny body.

"Eva, you knew I am a werewolf." She turned to me and smiled, holding her hand out for me to take.

"I met your wolf in the woods on the day you were supposed to meet me. He was pretty scary but when I showed him, I wouldn't hurt him, he just ran off. He's beautiful, though." I smiled, prideful. No one has ever called my wolf beautiful. He's just been a monster, a burden on my life since I was born.

"He's very happy to hear that." My wolf was howling with joy in my head, making me smile for the first time.

"May I see him?" Eva ran her hand across my cheek and I leaned into her touch. I was hesitant as I didn't have much control over him.

"I don't know how to control him." I answered honestly, looking down to the floor in shame. What kind of werewolf has no control over his wolf?

She gently lifted my chin and I watched as her forehead creased in thought before it released and she had her idea. She shut her eyes and I watched as her body was covered in the thin mist of her magic. She looked even more beautiful. When her eyes opened, her eyes were a light purple and magic seemed to be coming from everywhere.

The magic swirled around her, lifting her from the floor. It came around me and I felt it run through my hair and across my face, so gently just like Eva's touch. I was astounded by how much control she had over something so powerful.

The magic stopped and she was placed back on the floor, her chest heaving up and down and a massive grin on her face. She giggled and I smiled.

"How did you control that, princess?" she smiled and shrugged.

"I didn't. I don't need to understand it or control it. It's as much a part of me as I am of it. You and your wolf are no different. You don't need to control it, princey. Let it flow through you." She smiled and I thought for a moment. I had never given my wolf full control so he always had to break free.

Eva excused herself and left the room. I laughed as I heard her sprint down the corridor, bumping into maids and servants getting coronation preparations ready.

I sat on the bed and looked around my room. It was a simple guest bedroom and hardly reflected the one I had at home. The curtains were white and were more decorative than to block out the sun. The bed was large, with light-coloured sheets and pillows filled with feathers and embroidered with the Borealis crest. The bed frame was made of wood with a thick mattress on top. I looked up to the ceiling at the large candle lights attached to the top, which would be lit every day. My eyes travelled down the walls, which were white brick, and down to the wooden floor. The room was large and grand enough for a prince. I was pleased most with the view. The large windows gazed straight onto the forest. Sometimes in the late evenings, I would see forest animals, deer, foxes and the occasional horse, come down to the edge and drink from the light stream. It made me forget the stresses of the life I had made or be thrown into.

Eva walked back in through the open door with a large book, the smile still evident on her face. That smile would forever make me smile. She sat down next to me on the bed and opened the book to a page about werewolves. Her writing covered the pages' borders. She passed me the book and I began to read it.

I read it aloud, "Werewolves are born in two parts: man and wolf. These parts do not outweigh each other. The wolf and man live separate lives but each depends on each other for survival. Each werewolf is born to be part of a pack and normally stays in their parents' pack, until settling in their mate's pack or creating their own. The packs will help newfound werewolves to learn how to live with their wolf and vice versa." I looked at her and handed her the book back.

"There's a lot more in the book about everything else but it's just a quick overview." She placed it on the bed beside her.

"I can't do this, Eva. I have no pack to learn how to do any of it." She took my hands and smiled softly.

"You do have a pack. You are an Alpha. You and me. Let's make our own pack. I will help you." I nodded and stood up stretching out making her laugh.

"What? I need to be ready for this." She giggled and crossed her legs sitting on the bed watching me. She reached for the book and opened it to a page.

"Okay, it says you need to give up all your power and let your wolf take over. It might be slightly painful as your... never mind. Once it starts don't try and take over as it will be more painful. I'll be right here waiting for you on the other side." She smiled at me and I smiled back, breathing deeply.

I closed my eyes and asked my wolf to take over. I could tell he was shocked.

This will hurt, Atlas but just know I will take care of you. You will see what I see and hear what I hear. I won't hurt Eva for she is my mate, too. This is our first shift together and you need to ask me to transform. My name is Titan.

I nodded and breathed, keeping my eyes closed.

"Titan, I wish for you to take over and transform into your form." I spoke loudly and clearly. There was a small delay and then I collapsed onto the ground.