CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

Eva's view

As we reached the edges of Borealis, I watched as Anna came running out of the castle. She was screaming my name and running crazily as if I had been gone for weeks.

"Eva! You're back! Oh god, I've missed you so much." She ran to me and gave me a massive embrace.

"Anna, slow down. I've been gone a few days at most. Calm down." I laughed and pried her off me.

"Where is Hera?" I asked her as she led us all back inside.

"Eva, who are all these people? Where did you find them?" I smiled at her and took her hand. Turning, I saw Thalia hiding behind some of the soldiers. As Anna is human, she wouldn't be able to tell that Thalia is her soulmate without touching her. I could tell that Thalia already knew.

"Let's go inside and then we can talk. Convel, take the soldiers to the gardens. Thalia, come with me and Anna. In the meeting room, we can discuss battle tactics."

"Battle tactics? Eva, what are you talking about?" I took her arm and swiftly led her to the meeting room inside the castle. Thalia's footsteps followed behind us and I stifled a giggle at her shyness.

Anna opened the doors to the meeting room and quickly forced everyone inside out. She was showing her true colours as queen and I loved it. She then sat down and Thalia and I sat down next to each other.

"So what is this all about?" I looked to Thalia but she was completely silent and kept looking anywhere but Anna.

"Did you find my soulmate?" She asked eagerly.

"Err... well yes I did. But they aren't ready to meet you just yet. We have some other issues to discuss right now." I watched Anna's face fall in disappointment but she quickly recovered.

"What is the issue?"

"Atlas has been imprisoned in his own dungeon by his brother. I believe his brother wants to be king and will kill Atlas to do it. I would like your assistance, along with Thalia's army, to rescue Atlas and free all people from Noet's tyrant rule."

Anna's mouth fell open and she just stared at me.

"Noet has Atlas in a dungeon." I nodded and she just hummed. I watched as Anna stood up and walked to the window overlooking the garden. I stood up and joined her.

"Anna, what are you thinking?"

She turned to me, "How are you so calm? If it were me, I'd be freaking out right now."

"I have to be calm. If I'm not, how can I possibly lead an army into battle?"

She nodded slowly, taking in everything I had told her. I looked out over the gardens and saw Convel sitting the soldiers and Martha getting them all food and water. I smiled at the two of them.

"So, which one is my soulmate, then?" She began to look at every soldier in the army.

"I am." Thalia stood from her chair and spoke clearly looking right at Anna.

She looked at me, then back to Thalia. I nodded and took her hand, leading her shaking body towards Thalia.

"Anna, this is Thalia. She is an elf, raised in the dark forest. Thalia, this is Queen Anastasia of Borealis." Thalia bowed to Anna and I smiled at her kind gesture, knowing that in the dark forest titles don't mean anything.

Thalia reached out to Anna but hesitated. I dropped Anna's hand and walked out of the room, leaving the two of them to look at one another. I shut the door behind me and walked into the gardens in the crowd of people.

"Convel," I called out to him.

"Yes, Luna." He bowed and quickly Martha was at his side.

"We need to find a place to safely hide the soldiers. We can get them down into the servants' quarters and get them into rooms. I have a feeling we need to be stealthy in this one. Martha, I need you to use your powers to feel and find someone for me, the same way you found me. I believe that Noet of Derever is going to make his way here. He cannot know that there is an army here."

They nodded and walked away. I watched Convel lead the people into the castle and out of sight. Martha walked up to the top of the tower for her powers to stretch the furthest distance.

"Eva, what is going on here?"

"Ah, Hera. I've been looking for you. I need these soldiers to start being trained alongside the women army as soon as possible. We don't have time to waste." As I talked her expression changed from angry to proud.

"The women army is happy to join your fight, Eva. However, it should be acknowledged that we are no longer the women army. We are better known as Athena's army, after the goddess herself." I smiled and nodded at her.

"I wish for Athena's army to join me in this battle against Derever." I asked her in the formal way she trained me as a girl.

I held my arm up and we placed our forearms together, bonding us together. My magic swirled around our arms and she smiled pridefully at me.

"For you, Eva, there is nothing I wouldn't do."

We embraced before she left me to get her army ready. I looked around and was proud to see that more people were willing to fight for the right thing than I first thought.

I was just about to go back inside to check on Anna and Thalia when Martha came running to me, screaming my name.

"He's on his way here, Eva. I can feel his presence and it's bad." I scowled and realized we weren't ready for an assault right now.

"Martha, make sure everyone is hidden away. He cannot know we are planning to attack Derever. Keep Convel out of sight; who knows what he will do to him."

I watched her walk into the castle and speak to Hera. I looked at Hera and she quickly nodded before walking down into the quarters to hide the army.

"Hang on, Atlas. We are coming for you."