CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

I would like to dedicate this chapter to @Stay_Lowkey4450 . I am so honoured that this reader has bothered to comment and vote on my story. It brings me so much joy and helps me continue knowing readers enjoy it. Happy reading!

***********************************************************************************************

Eva's view

I watched Atlas struggle with his first transformation. He was kneeling on the floor and crying out in pain. I wanted to go to him but he needed to do this alone. I watched his bones break and re-join into their new positions and fur sprouted along his body and with one final cry which was more of a howl his clothes ripped and there in front of me stood a wolf.

I gasped and looked at him, staring into the eyes of a wolf. They were bright and golden like the sun. His fur was grey and white in patches. I breathed deeply and slipped off the bed onto the floor, his ears twitching at my movements.

"Hi, Atlas-" he growled, "-Err, I mean Titan." He turned away from me and I knew he could hear my heart pounding. Titan was an impressive wolf. His Alpha strength was showing through his huge size and intense muscles. Every step he took towards the window made the floor shake. I wasn't sure if I was feeling something that wasn't there.

"Titan?" He turned his head to me growling, his teeth bared. I jumped and quickly backed away. I didn't want to be scared but he was terrifying me. On noticing my fear, Titan whined and laid down on the floor, his ears lying flat on his head. I tried to control my breathing so I wouldn't look so scared.

I closed my eyes and walked slowly towards him. My head was outstretched and I didn't stop taking small steps, my steps so tiny. With my eyes closed the room felt so much larger. With the last step, Titan's fur filled my hand. It was soft and thick. I smiled and opened my eyes, looking into the eyes of the wolf. With a look of trust, I took my hand off his head and he began to lick my face.

"Titan!" I giggled out. He continued to lick my face until someone knocked at the door. He growled but I quickly got up from the floor, telling the person not to enter and tried to push Titan into the bathroom.

"I won't shut the door, Titan. They can't see you just yet, okay?" he wined but went into the bathroom. I left the door slightly open and he sat down panting.

I opened the bedroom door and greeted the man.

"Where is Atlas? I was meant to meet him a few hours ago for training." I stood by the door. I could hear Titan growling from the bathroom and coughed to try and cover it up.

"I don't know where he is. I collapsed after the Queen's funeral and have been in here ever since. I haven't seen him." The man huffed.

"Sorry to ask, but how do you know Atlas?" He looked up from his hands and hit himself lightly on the forehead.

"Where are my manners? I am Menoetius but you can call me Noet. I'm Atlas' brother." He kissed my hand and I let him into the room. He stood by the window overlooking the view. I stood by him.

"You must be Eva. He has written vividly about you in his letters. I am only here to try and convince him to come home." I nodded and looked down.

"I have been trying to get him to go home. He needs to take his rightful place as king!" I sighed at the end of my sentence.

Titan walked out of the bathroom and over to his brother. Noet scratched his head and sighed, laughing.

"I understand why he didn't come and see me then. This is the calmest I've ever seen him." I nodded and knelt down allowing Titan to check me over. He licked my neck over my mark and then went back to his brother.

"Titan has been working on his control issues. And Atlas is much more willing to let go." He looked at me, slightly confused.

"Oh, Noet meet Titan, Atlas' wolf." Titan yapped at Noet and he scratched his head again.

"Well hello, Titan. I need to speak to Atlas, now. Will you bring him back?" Noet said sternly. Titan growled snapping at Noet. Noet stepped back bringing his hands up in surrender.

"You have to show respect to the Alpha before he will let you tell him what to do. He won't like being told what to do by you." I smiled and Noet rolled his eyes, making Titan growl again.

"Hey Titan," I knelt down and he put his head in my hands, "Can I have Atlas back now please?" He wined and nodded before letting Atlas have control. Soon Atlas' head was in my hands.

"I did it, princess." I nodded and we embraced each other.

"You did, princey." I ran my hands through his hair down his shoulders to his hands.

"Atlas, you're naked." I said laughing slightly. He made a little squeal and ran into the bathroom.

Noet stood by me, "So you two have never...?" I laughed.

"Yes, we have, but we aren't too comfortable around each other just yet." He ahhed and we waited for Atlas to come out of the bathroom.

"Right, now I am changed, we can talk about it all." Atlas said when he moved into the room.

"Atlas, you have to go home." Noet and I said in unison. Atlas sat down on the bed and I moved next to him.

"Atlas, you have to be king. I can't do it. I need you; the kingdom needs you. Eva will make a wonderful queen and we can stop the war."

Atlas stood up and walked away from me, making me feel empty for just a moment.

"I just don't know if I can be king. My kingdom won't accept me for who I am, for who Eva is. People of our kind are looked down on in every kingdom." Noet once again looked confused.

"I am a witch, Noet. We are still hiding out... but it doesn't have to be that way anymore, Atlas." He didn't look at me so I kept speaking.

"My mother is going to Sceneria and she will marry King Leopold. He will help change everything. Anna is fully accepting of who I am and she can change this kingdom. We can change things together. I don't think a lot of people actually want the divide between humans and magicals. The war needs to be over and it needs to be over now. I don't want to continue to hide who I am and I don't want you to hide it either, now you finally understand who you are."

"Noet, please leave. We will leave tomorrow morning for our kingdom." His brother bowed and left the room.

Atlas turned to me and looked into my eyes with a look of fierceness I found so arousing. As he moved to be in front of me, my breathing was rapid.

"I can smell your arousal, Eva." It made me wetter. He ran his fingers down my cheek and across my neck, touching my mark. His hand stopped just at the strings of my corset.

"Is this what you want, princess?" I nodded but he shook his head smirking with a laugh that only furthered my arousal.

"Tell me princess."

"Please, touch me." I rasped out. He tutted again and moved his hand away.

I grabbed his hand whispering, "Please, Alpha." His eyes darkened and he nodded, picking me up and carrying me to the bed.