1

Death was something most people feared. It was something that most people didnt want to talk about. In a normal persons eyes it's usually best kept not spoken of. Then there are those who want to die. For varying reasons. Everyones opinion varied in some degree.

I wasnt in either of those classes though. I went above and beyond wanting to die. I was obsessed with death. With being hurt seeing as i can't die. In the world I lived in I was considered an abnormal. One of the very few people in the world that wasnt exactly human. My abnormality made me a monster. Most people hated the adnormals and locked them away. For years ive gotten away with being free to do as I please. Until I made a mistake.

A lot of abnormalities cant be hidden. They can be physical or can directly connect to your emotional state. If your stressed you can react defensively. I had always been sneaky. Well as much as I could. Ive always been classified as insane. Unstable. Ive tried killing myself so many times and am completely open in my want to die. They just thought I wasnt brave enough to go through with it. Well they did before the accident. Which may not have been a complete accident.

When I caught the sight of thw horrified faces surrounding me that day I knew that I had messed up. That they knew and that I'd be locked up again. This time in a far worse place. Even now I sit in the back of a police cruiser on my way to my new prison. I wasnt exactly sure how it would be there. As I've never been but it was definitely different then the asylum. Which annoyed me.  I had just lied my way out of one horrible life just to end up in a new one.

It was just my luck. I stare out the window with no interest. I only really showed any emotion when facing pain or death. Nothing else really excited him. I pick at my wrist with my nails drawing blood quickly. A satisfying burn travels through me and I shiver in delight.

When the cruiser stops though my brief happiness is cut off and I look out the window to see a huge old looking mansion. I sighs as I look back at my wrist to see the wpund was already completely healed and only left remnants of dried blood.

The door is opened and the officer stands back. He looked at me warily as i stepped put and stepped even farther back. I rolled my eyes at his dramatics and look to the grand doors to see a tall man standing confidently. As my eyes meet his almost instantly I feel much calmer.

The officet gestures me towards the door but doesnt touch me. He didnt dare touch an abnormal. I walk towards the man not breaking eye contact. Why did I feel so relaxed? As if I had just died?

"Hello I run this building, I'll take over from here," the man says with a kind smile. The officer sags in relief and doeant even speak before scurrying bacl to his car amd driving off. I turn back to the man but avoid eye contact as I slowly regain my senses. The calming effect not there as much as before, "hello Roark, my name is Theon. It's nice to meet you."

I scoff and nod back at him neutralizing my expression again. He just smiles wider and gestures for me to come in. I follow him as I have np choice and he closing the door behind him. Almost immediately a man comes sliding from an entrance of to the right. He was smiling crazily and had cool hair. Black roots with grey tips. His eyes seemed to hold so much depth. Dark blue like an ocean.

He smirks at me as if I said that out loud and I tilt my head at him, "hello! I'm Gray, a resident."

I nod at him. I figured as much, "I'm Roark."

"I know, we've all heard about you," he says grinning wildly at me. I nod in response and sigh. God I wanted to die. How absolutely boring. A surprised gasp is heard from Gray and I look to see him giving me a wide eyed look.

"What?" I ask wondering why he was being so strange. He just plays it off by shrugging his shoulders and laughing awkwardly.

Suddenly another man enters the room but this one has a completely different vibe. A creepy vibe that I almost find comfort in. He was also handsome with wild brown hair and scary piercing blue eyes. He stares down at me with wide shifting eyes and shivers run down my arms. Oh how nice it would feel for this scary man to hurt me.

"Oh my god, you should say that to him one day, he'll literally get horny so fast that the world might spin," Gray says laughing loudly. I look at him confused.

"I didnt say anything," I respond and he just waves me off.

The new guy gives Gray a weird look and he smiles, "later. This is Kieran."

Fpr a moment I just go tinue to stare at him before turning to Kieran and nodding, "nice to meet you."

Kierans faces changes instantly. A sadistic grin covers his face and he bends down to me slightly, "you will be regretting those words soon."

Pleasure shoots through my body at the simple implication and for once since ive been here I show expression. A wide crazy grin covers my own face, "is that a promise?"

Something dark crosses his features and suddenly Theon is patting Kieran on the shoulder and he disappears. Theon then looks at me and smiles, "are you hungry? There's food made."

I shrug. My neutral expression returning. I notice Gray wasnt here anymore either and follow Theon into a gorgeous kitchen. That's not what catches my attention though. Its the floating plates that are magically floating to the large table that draws my eyes.

"That's Heath, hes- well I guess you could say hes shy, he doesn't like being seen," Theon explains and gestures for me to sit. So this Heath guy can turn invisible? How cool. I wonder what the other men can do.

I sit down where hes tell me to and almost as if on some kind of cue men start trailing into the kitchen. First Gray who held a smug smirk. He was also carrying a pretty big teddy bear. That he sits on the seat across from me. While he takes the one beside it. Next Kieran comes in with a slightly grumpy face. He sits beside me. Theon helps Heath bring the rest of the food before he sits down at the end of the table on my end and the chair on the other end scraps and I think Heath sits down at the other end.

"Are you gonna stay that way even when you eat Heath?" Gray asks tilting his head at the seemingly empty chair. He nods his head at the chair as if the person had spoke before looking away, "Cormac?"

I look at Gray quizzically. Who was he talking to? Then suddenly the teddy bear jumps and in its place flops down a small male. With pretty curly strawberry blonde hair and cute freckles. His wide doe like caramel eyes scamper over to me bwfore looking away quickly.

"This is Cormac, Roark. Hes kind of scared of new things," I nod and don't even have to force a smile at the small boy.

"Nice to meet ya,"I say nodding at him. He wrings his hands and nods hurriedly at me.

"Shall we eat?" Theon asks and almost immediately Kieran begins digging in as well as Gray.

I also pick up my fork slowly and stab a piece of steak. The food was absolutely delicious. I thought of saying that to Heath but figured it was better to not put the shy guy on the spot. A soft awe sound comes from Gray and I look at him to see him smiling at me.

"So Roark?" Gray asks with a big grin that almost look maniacal. I tilt my head at him and his grin widens, "why are you here?"

For a moment I just stare at him,"why are you?"

His eyes widen slightly before turning into confusion,"hmm, I know your thoughts."

Scary. How terribly scary. My thoughts huh? What a horrible thing to be able to hear. His face scrunches up in confusion and I smile slightly, "then shouldnt you already know?"

"You havent thought about it, I did here a few- strange things, but nothing about why your here," he says returning to his grinning face.

I smile down at me plate and voice my thoughts before he can even hear them, "death is such a cool concept huh? Tell me are you scared to die? Any thpughts on an afterlife? What abput pain? Do you like pain? Can you love something you'll never truly experience?"

I let put a breath at the end pf my rant and desperately await his answers. He looks almost perplexed and shrugs, "I dont want to die."

"Hmm? I suppose thats normal,"I say and look down at my food again. Only thpughts of dying and experiencing pain running through my mind. My countless attempts.

"Alright enough of that, he'll tall when hes ready, its his choice," Theon says to Gray who pouts. I dont really care to listen though.

I was to focused on thpughts of death. I so badly wanted to hurt. To experience everlasting sleep. I dont even finish eating I'm that absorbed in my thoughts.