10

I stand on the center landing of the third floor with the same nervous feeling running through me. When I first arrived Theon told me that to the right of the stairs held two huge rooms. One being somewhat of a game room/informal den. The second being a gym. On the left side held a small library and art studio. Which he said held art supplies and also had music equipment.

I decide to check the game room first. Considering it was probably the most frequented room. I was right as I see Gray sprawled out on the couch. As well as Kieran sitting smugly in an armchair. Cormac sits on the floor beside Gray and is sorting through different papers.

I felt extremely awkward as I entered. Like I didn't belong. I think about bolting but Kieran spots me before I can run away. His eyes widen slightly for a second before returning to normal, "Roark?"

I cant help thinking about what he said to me. I glance down quickly just as Gray sits up and looks at me with a smile. I attempt to smile back, "Roark! Come sit down!"

I nod slowly and make my way to the second smaller couch but am grabbed by the arm. I look down at Gray and he nods to the spot next to him. I sit down slowly with a hesitant nod.

"I'm glad you're starting to come out of your room,"Cormac says giving me a adorable shy smile. I nod at him and attempt to not think to much on the few times I've been alone with him.

"Yea, we were starting to get worried," Kieran states still holding a smug grin. A flash of him telling me about rules crosses my mind and I frown at him. What were those rules? Had he just said he'd been worried about me?

"Uh so how has it been so far?" I look to see Gray looking away awkwardly. I figure he heard my thoughts and wanted to avoid them.

I shrug my shoulders, "fine."

A small soft hand lands on my knee and I jump slightly at the random touch. I look down to see Cormac smiling at me. It was a breathtaking smile. Not like the cute shy ones I've received before but one that made him look like he was the happiest person in the world. I smile back not being able to help myself. What were these guys doing to me?

Small laugh is heard from Gray. I look over to see him smiling at his lap, "they do appear to be able to bewitch."

Then suddenly the same thing happens to him. A gorgeous smile breaks out across his face before he blushes a bit and looks away.

"Do you have the ability to bewitch as well?" He says in almost a whisper. I don't answer out loud instead I think my thoughts. I have no doubt in my mind that he has that ability.

He hunches slightly in embarrassment and I cant help but think he's pretty cute. He acted like the kind of guy who took compliments well. That obviously wasn't the case though.

"Um Roark?" I glance down at Cormac who is staring at me with his huge doe like eyes. I tilt my head at him in confusion and he smiles slightly, "I'm glad you came here."

My heart flutters at his words. My breath catches and I dont say anything for a few minutes. He was happy about me being here? At this house? My mind races at why he felt like that.

"I- uh thank you," is all I can muster up in terms of words. I wasnt used to being wanted. Definitely not worried about. It felt- well it feels nice. Which stupefied me even more. I usually only ever felt good when I was in pain and now the feeling was just being tossed around?

Cormac slides his knees to his chest and hugs them tightly. He wears a cute smile as he looks down at the ground. I look over at Kieran to see him giving me a knowing look. He nods at me then at them. He had told me bot to be so wary of them and slowly that's exactly what was happening.

I have no idea how it was happening but I was growing comfortable around these guys. It terrified me though. Being betrayed hurt worse when its by the people you least expect. I didn't want to feel that again. That's a pain I wouldn't wish upon anyone. Not even the ones who caused it.

I sigh softly and look down. I feel a light tap and look at Gray to see him giving me a serious look, "will you come with me?"

He stands up and I follow him with my eyes as he walks around the couch. He looks back at me and I get up cautiously. My mind begins reeling with all the possibilities of what he could want. Yet I just follow him out of the room giving a waving Cormac and grinning Kieran a worried look. Before I'm out of the room and led across the hall to the gym.

He opens the door for me and I walk in watching closely as he closes it. He leans against the door with a sigh. He looks me in the eyes, "stop freaking out. I'm not going to do any of that crazy stuff to you. It's just- well you're a genuine person."

I look at him with wide eyes, "Um what?"

He sighs again this time softer, "I didn't realize Kieran told you so much about himself. Hes usually pretty secretive about his past. It must mean he likes you."

I cant help a blush that appears on my face. What was with these guys and throwing around the word like?

"You relieve me if I'm being honest, its so nice when I cant hear your thoughts but then again its an ability that I've lived with for so long that without it people scare me," he looks me in the eyes again, "you scare me."

An unattractive snort escapes my mouth and I cant help the thought that crosses my mind. Yea, well you terrify me.

He tilts his head at me skeptically, "I do? Why?"

I look at him as if hes crazy, "one wrong thought and you could have the power to break me a pet at the seams. Easily."

His eyes widen before a frown takes over his face, "I'm sorry you feel that way, but I would never use your thoughts against you. If I could id choose not to hear them but I cant."

I look away with a slight nod. I wasn't blaming him. Kieran opened my eyes to that but my trust issues went past normal bounds. Being vulnerable scared me.

"It scares me too," Gray blurts out and my head snaps to him. He rolls his lips into his mouth and looks down apologetically. Before he looks up at me with a determined face, "but I dont want to be anymore. Ive spent so long caring what people think of me. Hearing those thoughts just capitalized on that. So I'll let myself be a little more human," hes expression turns slightly grim, "my parents hated me. I was never worth anything to them. I could hear every bad thought about me that crossed their mind. And this was before they found out that I'm abnormal. They started the physical abuse after that. Until I gave myself away at a banquet they were hosting. They had to act oblivious. They had to publicly disown me. The thoughts that went through peoples head in that room scarred me. Disgusted me."

He looks close to tears and anger courses through me. What right dis anyone have to belittle someone for something they have no control over? The urge to hurt everyone in that room was almost overwhelming. Until I hear a soft laugh.

"You had the same reaction as the others. Thank you, it means a lot to me," he says coming closer to me. In an instant his arms are wrapped around me and I freeze. I wasn't used to contact that didn't hurt so I don't move. Another chuckle leaves him and he looks ever so slightly up to me. Softly and briefly he lets his lips linger on mine before backing away with a wife grin, "maybe I'll start sharing my thoughts as well!"

With that hes gone and I'm left absolutely bewildered. I lift my hand to my lips and swallow the small lump that begins appearing in my throat. A lone tear trails down my cheek and I cant help but want him to do it again. How nice it felt to feel affection.