17

I stare at the surprisingly neat room with a blank look. Naturally trying to protect myself by hiding my storming emotions. I glance at Kieran as he digs through a dresser and swallow the sudden lump in my throat.

It was hard to imagine that this man was now one of my boyfriends. I had already known he was attractive but somehow that was amplified now. His dark brown messy hair seemed to catch the light in the room and his eyes startle me even more than before by their intensity. Currently he wore a scary grin as he ruffled through clothes.

Right after the thought of me saying yes had shot through my head Gray let go and practically screamed. I stepped back at the loud noise. It turns out I didn't need to say anything because he told them my answer.

Their reactions affected me more than id like to admit. Theon squeezed me into a hug from my side causing me to gasp in surprise. He had that bright extremely handsome smile on his face catching my breath instantly.

Cormac had rammed head first into my chest sobbing. He kept muttering 'thank you' over and over again. Which stirred some internal protectiveness I never knew I possessed. I wrapped him tightly in my arms.

Kieran came up beside me with an adorable boyish grin. He didnt hug me or anything but his physical appearance showed that he was overjoyed.

Heath wasn't in the room. Theon had said he was beginning to cook dinner. Then they had asked about my wild appearance. Embarrassment quickly consumed me as I recited that all my close were either ruined or dirty. Blood can't stain my black clothing.

Theon had smiled endearingly at me causing me to blush intensely. He then asked Kieran to let me borrow some clothes. That's how I ended up standing in Kierans room awkwardly. Staring at him creepily. I look away right as he looks up at me and just barely see him smirk.

"Here you can wear these," he says in a weirdly husky voice. I look at the pile of neatly folded clothes in his hands and nod politely.

"Thank you," I say stiffly. I had no clue how to act. How had I acted before today? Could I pick up my smart attitude again?

"Don't be so robotic. It's sickening, relax, I only bite if thats something your into as well," he says with a loud laugh. I look at him and can't help my own smile from escaping. When he sees it he grins wider, "need help getting dressed?"

Kieran apparently knew exactly how to get me back to my previous self because I snort slightly and shake my head, "in your dreams, thanks again. I promise I wont ruin them with my blood."

His grin turns sinister for just a second and his eyes seem to gleam brightly, "honestly wouldn't mind that pretty boy."

I scrunch my nose at him before groaning, "remind me to be careful not to bleed around you."

He laughs loudly and passes the clothes over to me. His grin widens when he sees my raised brow and chuckles, "you should hurry. Dinners probably gonna be done really soon."

I nod at him and give him a suspicious look before turning to walk out the room. I don't look back as I cross the hall into mine. I shut the door and lean back against it with a shaky breath. I think I was still in shock about what happened. There was no way I was processing it this well.

I look down at the clothes and nod my head. Definitely in shock. I pull on the black sweat pants first. They were slightly baggy but stayed up. Next I put on the black t-shirt. That was also just a little to big. I shrug and attempt to fix my unruly hair. Then gaining all the courage I can muster I exit my bedroom and walk downstairs.

When I enter the kitchen I'm attacked immediately. I stumble back by the invisible force and hold onto a shaking Heath. My eyes widen when I hear soft sobs into my shoulder. I awkwardly wrap my arms around him in comfort. It just looked incredibly strange though as I looked like I was hugging the air.

I look around at the others with a startled expression. Theon and Cormac had soft kind expressions with small smiles. Whereas Kieran and Gray were holding in what looked to be intense laughter.

"Um Heath? Are you alright?" I ask soothingly. The invisible man moves away from me and I jumps startled when his hands grip the my cheeks. He leans my head up and smashes his lips against my so suddenly that I gasp. He appears physically instantly.

He shoves his tongue in my mouth and deepens the kiss significantly. His long hair tickles my cheeks and I softly push it behind his ear. After about a minute of him passionately kissing me. He stops and pulls back with a huge grin. Tears stream down his face. I gap my mouth open at him in confusion. Was he upset or happy? He had really kissed me.

"I'm so glad you've agreed to try this Roark," he says with the sweetest blush I have ever seen. He avoids my face and uses his hair to hide his face. He leans forward and pecks my cheek quickly before instantly disappearing. I just continue to gap at the empty space in front of me.

Laughter breaks out suddenly and I snap my head to look at Gray wiping a fake tear as he laughs heartily. Kieran also laughs hysterically gripping his stomach, "you- you should have seen your face!"

I frown at him and roll my eyes. They were so dramatic. It was hardly that funny. Gray shakes his head at me as he tries to calm down, "no, it was pretty hilarious."

Cormac lets out a soft giggle and I let out a gasp at the betrayal. What was I? Their personal entertainment? I take my seat next to Kieran just as I see Heaths chair scoot in.

"Don't take them so seriously, they just wanted to make you feel a bit more comfortable," Theon says quietly at his seat. I sigh and look down at the table with a nod. They finally stop their cackling and Kieran pats me on the shoulder fondly. I can't help the amile that grows on my face as i shake my head.

I really hope this works out. Because so far I was really enjoying it and disnt want it to end. I smile down at my empty plate. I could finally actually be happy here. I want that more than anything. I'd love for them to save me from myself.