Part 9/Birthday girl.

"Good evening me lord." I drop my bag and jacket on the couch,taking off my earrings and putting my hair up as I walk over to Frank.
Picking him up,I hug him to my chest and kiss his little head "Did you see your girlfriend? Huh? Did you give her little kishesh."

"Ouch." He hits me with his paw and jumps out of my arms,straight to the kitchen and starts meowing.
"Fake bitch." I take out his food and place it on his plate,before opening a bottle of wine for myself,pouring a glass while I lean against the counter,watching the clock go from July 9th to July 10th at 00:00.
"Happy Birthday,girl." I drink the whole glass at once,feeling a little sadder than usual.

My friends are busy,my family is away,my ex is with someone else,and my cat is an asshole.
I'm not sad about those things in that particular order.

I hear some noise coming from my living room,making me jump slightly before I grab my taser and slowly move in that direction.
I'm ready to attack before I see Lilly and Uri holding a cake and balloons ,both of them singing and Uri recording.
"Happy Birthday dear Charlie,put down the taser..." Uriah says making me chuckle and tears fill my eyes.

"Happy birthday to you!"
"I thought you guys forgot." I laugh,wiping my cheeks as they laugh too "Make a wish."
I look at the candles on the cake,thinking for a few seconds before I blow them out.
After giving them the biggest hugs,us rewatching the video of me on high alert with my taser,and eating cake,we all sit on my balcony,finishing that bottle of wine as the noise outside slowly becomes quiet.

"I can't believe you're 25. You're basically 30." I punch Uriah in his arm "You turn 25 in two months dumbass."
"Still. You're dying before me."
"Why are we talking about death? Today is a celebration of life. A celebration of the best person I know. My absolute soulmate." She starts tearing up,kissing my cheek and hugs me.

"Excuse me? Soulmate?" He asks offended as we laugh.
"Yup."
"Boy,you may or may not be at the end of that altar in a few years. But you know who will be right next to her in an ugly dress,holding her flowers? Me."
"You may be the love of my life. But Charlie's my soulmate." She says winking at me as we all laugh at how we torture Uri,ever since high school.

"I'm so glad that I have you guys."
"And we're so happy that you exist. And that you're a part of our lives,Charlie. You mean the world to us."
I bite my lip to prevent myself from crying, holding their hands "Agh. Shut up."

"Why is Frank in the birthday bag?"

***

"Good morning,good morning." I wave to everyone outside of the lab,heading towards my tiny office.
I hear a number of "Happy Birthday" and "Birthday girl!" Being thrown around,making me smile.

When I arrive at my desk,except for a stack of files I have to look through,I also see a small box on it,with a cute little bow on top.
I look at it confusion,before opening it and see that it's actually a Swarovski box,and that there is a bracelet inside.
It's a star constellation,I assume,but it's confirmed when I see the card that comes with it.

      Cancer - Water element. The fourth     astrological sign in the Zodiac.
Sign ruler : Moon
Most compatible with Earth signs. Such as Taurus.
             Happy Birthday,Charlie.
                                                              -S.F

I smile at the thoughtfulness of the gift,warming my heart a little and it gives me a little hope on the whole Stefan situation.
I take the pretty bracelet and put it on,admiring how beautiful it looks and how it shines in the sunlight.

Grabbing some of my binders,I decide to head to his office and thank him,and maybe invite him to dinner tonight,before heading to the lab. Will he accept? Hopefully Uriah won't be too mad.
Walking across the lounge,I rush past the noise construction is making,and straight to his office,knocking on the door before entering.