Part 7 / Tattoo.

"I've been trying to fix my pride,but that shit's broken." All Time Low,Jon Bellion.

__________________________

Stefan.

"You're doing it wrong."
"Yes Charlie,I was informed by the fifth time you said that."
She chuckles but moves aside so I can finish.
"Pour it in the pan,slowly." She instructs as I nod and obey.

"Don't let them burn. Keep stirring so they don't stick to the bottom of the pan."
"Okay."
"Be careful. Be careful." She repeats.
"Jesus Charlie,I'm making eggs,not disarming a bomb."

"Fine.I'll just sit down,and you can bring me my breakfast." She says sitting at the small kitchen table.
"Thank you." I say and sigh as I continue to try making these damn eggs.
After a couple of minutes,they look good enough,so I take them off the stove and pour them on a plate.
"Stove." She simply reminds me and I nod and turn it off before placing the plate in front of her.

"Thank you." She smiles and picks up her fork,lifting the food in her mouth.
She chews for a couple of seconds and then smiles.
"Good. A little more salt,and It'll be perfect."
I smile proudly,before I see her face.
"Charlie why-why is your mouth bleeding?" I ask in horror.

"That...would be the eggshells. I must have cut my lip on one." She gets up and gets a napkin,applying it to her lip.
I walk towards and grab her chin,tilting it upwards.
"Open your mouth." She raises her eyebrow at me as I roll my eyes and she smiles.

I dab the napkin on her bottom lip for a couple of seconds until the bleeding stops. I look up and see that sunlight is hitting her eyes slightly,making them a beautiful color,but then stop being a fucking crazy person,and look down.
She squeezes my wrist slightly and I let goo of her face immediately "Sorry." I mutter as she smiles.
"It's okay. My jaw was just hurting." She walks to a cabinet and takes out a bag.

"I'm really sorry Charlie. I swear I really tried." I lean against the counter.
"It's fine babe. You'll get the hang of it,trust me. By the second semester,you're gonna be my personal chef." She winks at me as I chuckle.
"But for now,here," she tosses me a bag,after looking inside I realize that It's a couple of croissants from the diner.

"Heat them up in the microwave. I have to get dressed." She says walking out but steps back in "You do know how to use a microwave,right?" She asks as I throw a rag at her.

***

"Hey." I smile and shake Uriah's hand when I see him sitting down next to me in Physics.
His major is mechanical engineering,so we have maybe two or three classes together.
"Hey. What's up?" I ask taking out a notebook and my laptop.
Yes,the movers came by after Charlie left and made a mess of her apartment with boxes.

She's gonna kill me.

Hopefully,I can get back before her and clean the place up.
Surprisingly,my clothes and other possessions were all there,one box including a laptop and check for textbooks from my oldest brother.
I'm sure my parents don't know he put it there.

"How was your first day?" He asks.
I shrug "Okay,I guess. Every time the professors would say my name,either someone would gasp,a girl would be terrified or they would whisper."
"I'm sorry  dude." He says with clear sympathy on his face.

"It's fine. My calculus professor is pretty cool.And I start work today." I shrug.
"Yeah. I could pick you up around two,show you around?"
"That'd be great. Thanks a lot Uriah."