Chapter 02: Pretty Girl

"Mom! Help!"

Aurora enters her house, it's exactly 12 in the morning and her mother rushed through their house's door to welcome her.

"Aurora? What's wrong?!" She opens the door and Aurora looks at her. Eyes gleaming with tears. She kneels before her mother's wheelchair and cries on her lap

"Mom, that man-- he tried to touch me."

"Oh my god! Where did--"

"on my hand!" She exclaims, Maleficent sighs and pats her head as she cry on her lap even more.

"Darling, it's alright. They are not like her. They will not do the same to you or to him. Let it go."

Aurora did not respond. Thinking that she will not be able to be a normal woman again, she fears being touched by people she doesn't know so much. Her mother consoles her and tells her it's alright but she wonders how long shall she suffer from this.

"Aurora, let the pain go."

"Mom, can you let her out?" She says, tears still flowing down her pale skin.

"Are you sure?"

"I need her warmth."

"Fine."

Her mother gives her her hearing aid and pushes the button on the door which leads to Blanca's sanctuary.

Aurora's white tiger.

...

The dove looks at Jin and scowls to get his attention but he just won't budge. He wants to talk to him but he needs his ear piece to do so.

Everyone in this town has pets and ear pieces. It happened 20 years ago when people found a way to understand their pet's language. It turns out that the scientists were wrong, animals are much smarter than humans, in a way.

"Pretty girl."

The diamond dove sighs and flies through Jin's ears, only to make a sound that pierces through his brain.

"Elevado!" Jin shouts at his pet. "You don't get to do that with your owner!"

Something suddenly clicks on Jin's mind. Maybe that girl hurt him like that because she's stray and no one owns her. "Right. There's only one thing to do." He has to tame the Tigress and tell her who's the boss.

"I've just got to own her."

...

"I.. I can't fight my fears, Blanca. No matter what I do, I still come running towards Mom and to you every time people try to touch me."

Blanca roars as Aurora hears what she's saying through the ear piece.

"You don't have to fight your fears, Aurora. You just have to accept it and break it at once."

Aurora sighs.

"It's difficult, Blanca. It's not that easy."