Chapter 24: Humpty Dumpty (Unedited)

She woke up feeling nothing on her chest. She cried so much last night when Jungkook is already sound asleep.
Why does she feel nothing?
Is she already over the pain?

She tries to put her blankets aside and walk outside to see and feel the sun, but when she sees the enchanted rose Jin gave her she started weeping again.

"Crying so early in the morning?"
Jungkook gingerly back hugged his sister who is sitting on her bed.

"I'm.. I'm sorry, Jungkook. I just don't know what to feel about this stuff yet."

"Let's throw it away."
Jungkook says.
"It will just always trigger your emotions. Let's keep this thing away from you. You'll move on and we'll be happy. Slowly, but surely."
Jungkook reassures the girl as he kiss her cheeks and leaves the room with the enchanted rose.

She looks at herself on the mirror and felt really awful.

"A month ago, you only get disgusted by human blood but you don't cry like that, Aurora."
She tries to smile on her reflection and little by little, she felt a little different.
"Let's redefine you, my love. Even a broken heart can beat again. Your life does not stop here. We're not going to stop."

She finally wipes her tears and stands up from her bed.

The twins decided to go to a parlor nearby and joked about bleaching their hairs which later on is what they did.

For a moment, Aurora got her mind off everything going on her life and emotions now.

Jungkook is sleeping next to her while the lady does their hair at the same time when someone walked in the salon.

"Aurora, it's me."
Jimin appears on her side with a smiling face.

"Hey, Jimin."
Aurora had grown fond of Jimin the past days as he is the one who's visiting her and Jungkook to know how they are doing. He is constantly giving Jungkook clothes but she knew he misses her brother, too.
She heard the two of them grow together and it is not just easy to move on from it.

"He's sleeping? Are you two going to dye your hair today?"
He says as he casually sit on the recliner next to Aurora's.

"Mmm, yep. How about you? Why are you here?"

"Everyone on our house is busy and I'm bored."
He pouts.
"and there's no Kookie to play with."

...
Maleficent pushes her wheelchair towards their yard. Someone had been walking down their street and it's getting dark.
She just needs to talk to whoever it was.

"Jin?"
She looks at the guy with an unsurprised smirk on his face.

"M-mom.. I'm sorry. I'm just wondering if Jungkook is here."
He says, trying to look away from the knowing gaze Maleficent gives him.

"Oh no, the twins left. I don't really asked what they do so I don't know where they are."
Maleficent says.

"Ah, if that's the case let me put this in your doorstep. I.. Jungkook will be introduced as one of my royal guards tomorrow. This is what he's going to wear and the invitation, Mom."
He breathes out.
"I don't want him to feel left out so I came here to give this to him myself."