Chapter 19: His Engagement (Unedited)

Jin sits awkwardly at the fancy white couch of Princess Jieun's residence.
The princess is from the Kim-Lee Clan and her mother is Jin's aunt, Kim Jiwoo that married Prince Lee Beom.
Jiwoo is Namjoon's father and Jin's father's oldest sister.

And to think that Jin has to get engaged and get married with the princess Jieun which is basically his cousin makes him sick to his stomach.

"Jin, are you alright?"
Taehyung asks.

Jin shifts from his seat and looks at Taehyung.

"Who's in charged of Arah today?"
He says, trying to hide the fact that he is nervous.

"You've been asking me that for like five times now. I told you Jimin and Jungkook will look after her."
Taehyung says.
"Just admit that you're nervous."

"I am the Crowned Prince of this nation! How dare you accuse me of being nervous? I am not--"

"I don't like to use all my free time with the three of you, so just get into the point. What do you want?"
Jieun enters the door and Jin was terrified, Namjoon's holds the older's arms, supporting him.

"I told you already, Princess Jieun. The Crowned Prince Seokjin wants to marry you in return of your support with us."
Namjoon smiles.

"Seokjin?"
Jieun scans the man.
They are about the same age and she thinks Jin is actually an eligible bachelor to become her husband.
"What can I get off you, then?"

"I-I'll..."
Jin stutters.

"Don't stutter, she hates men who gets intimidated by her."
Taehyung reminds.

"I will.. I will make you my Queen."
Jin says.

"Will you promise to treat me fair and cook for me every morning?"
She asks, brows still furrowed into a single line.

"I.. I promise."
Seokjin answers.

"Then I'll marry you, but I have a favor to ask. If you break it, I'll turn my back on you."
The girl says.

"What is it?"
Jin asks.

"You cannot date anyone, you cannot love anyone nor you can marry anyone. I will be your Queen and only wife for the rest of your life."
She says with a straight face on and it honestly terrified Jin.

"Fine."

"Then it's all set. You get my support and we get married by this month. I have to go."

Jin sighs. Everything went as planned and they could breathe loudly now, but why couldn't he breathe?

"Congratulations, you're now engaged."
Namjoon gives a ring to Jin and he looks at it.
"She has the other one."
Namjoon smiles.

"Well done, Jin."

Jin stared at the ring before he shoves it in his pocket. He felt like crying.
This engagement ring is not the ring he wanted to wear.

...

"You're here again?"
Aurora chuckles as she sees Jin standing right in front of her door. Dinner time is over and she wondered why the guy is here.