Chapter 08: White Tigers

Jimin looks at Jungkook as the younger reads the documents Yoongi and Taehyung just sent him.

"Jungkook-ah. Can I ask you something?"

"What will you do for me if I answer your question?" Jungkook replies seriously.

"I will summarize Yoongi and Taehyung's information for you." Jungkook immediately looks at the older boy and flashes him his bunny smile.

"What is it then?"

"Why did you come to the children's shelter alone that day, why didn't your sister come with you?"

Jungkook suddenly turns serious and looks away. He knew the members would get more and more curious about his life when he opens up about his past. He knew these questions were coming. And he is ready to open up even more to them.

"I didn't come alone, she is with me. She actually is the one who knew about the children's shelter." He smiles sadly. "she had this hand drawn map that she bragged to me while we hitch hiked in places just to get there."

Jungkook remembered every single detail of the last day he saw his sister. He remembers it as if they just happened yesterday.

"Then why isn't she with you that day?"

"My sister is quite clever for her age. She used to eavesdrop and listen to every person's conversation especially when we just met them. She does not trust anyone and I think that makes her smart." He smiles.

"She heard the nuns talking about taking one of us in the shelter and letting the other one be adopted. She told me it's okay if she's the one who gets adopted, because no matter what, she will find me. But if I am the one to be adopted, she will just grow worried about me. All because she does not trust anyone with taking care of us anymore."

"So?"

Jimin asks, still listening.

"She ran away. She said she's going to figure life out herself and steal me back when she has money to support the two of us already. That way, I will be the one supported by the children center until I become eighteen and she will not become a threat to me."

"Why did you let her go alone?" Jimin asks.

"Because I know she knew better, I trust her. And I know that if I get adopted, the chances of me seeing her again will slim down." He sighs. "But then our center moved to another province, I guess that's the reason why she failed to find me again."

"Do you think she's still alive, I mean I don't want to break it to you but how can a seven year old survive on her own in the streets?"

"I believe she made it and she's still alive right now. I know my twin sister."

"But will you recognize her if you see her?"

"I probably won't recognize her, but we made this promise." Jungkook smiles proudly. "to pick white tigers as our pet."

Jimin looks outside the window where Shiroi is.

"So that's why you insisted on having Shiroi as your pet when we all agreed to bring small pets home that day?"

...