Chapter 23: Death By A Thousand Cuts (Unedited)

Aurora wakes up on the second day of her rest on the hospital.
Jungkook is there and it seems like he never wished to go away from her side.
Maleficent need not any explanation from Jungkook, she just knew that Jungkook is the long lost twin brother Aurora had always been talking about.

"Jungkook?"
Aurora taps on her brother's hands. Jungkook hums in response as he try to open his eyes.
He's tired. He had been sitting on the chair beside Aurora's bed for almost 2 nights.

"Uh, Princess?"

Aurora giggles with the nickname, only Jungkook had called her that since they are young.

"It's you, you're really here."

Jungkook smiles as he hold his twin sister's hand tighter. There had been just a lot of things the two of them should catch up.

"Yes, princess. Your one and only brother is here and I'm not going anywhere anymore."

...
Jin sighs as he looks at the polaroid pictures he keeps on his wallet. One is his picture with his older brother and the other is a recently taken picture with you.

"Is she the reason why you're not talking to me?"
Jieun enters his room and he just boredly looks at the woman.

He had been staying at the palace since Aurora's accident and Namjoon stays with him. Taehyung chose to stay on their house because he had to keep an eye on the cafe.
Jimin goes to the hospital every now and then to give Jungkook clothes and Yoongi is the one who cooks food for them.
Hoseok, for the mean time watches the gun shop for Yoongi.

"Stop being nosy, Jieun."
He looks away.

"I know that Jungkook told you already what I did."
Jieun laughs manically that made Jin's eyes squint in confusion.
"that I sent a sick horse to ruin that girl's game."

Jin looked at Jieun unbelievably as he let a loud sigh of disbelief.

"So you did her dirty?"

"Do you think I will let some hunter win a race against my husband-to-be? Do you think people will be happy if they see you losing over a hunter that kills for money?"

From that very moment, Jin knew Jungkook is right. That he is nothing but a pain for Aurora.
He could never protect the girl if in the first place he is the reason why she is in danger.

"Jieun, don't get ahead of yourself too much. You will be the Queen of this country but I will never love you.
If you want a son then I'll pay thousands of dollars for artificial insemination just to satisfy you but,"
Jin sits up from his bed and chuckles as he looks at the princess with mere disgust.
"I will never hold you with my loving hands. My heart only belongs to Aurora, even in death."

And with that he leaves the room with loud banging of his door.

Jieun looks back at the door Jin just closed and tears flood her face as she say,
"You're just like my father. You disgust me, too.. Kim Seokjin."

...

Aurora will be discharged tomorrow, she just sits on her bed as she wait for Jungkook who is doing all the paper works for her discharge.