Chapter 22: The Prey (Unedited)

The girl never felt the need to tap on her cellphone just like now.

She tries her hardest to focus on driving but she can't.
She just can't get her mind of the things Jin said on the royal luncheon

That Princess Jieun will be his only love for the rest of his life.

She stops by a mart and buys liquor. Luckily, there are sojus.
She grabbed a tuna sandwich and sat by the benches outside.

She looks at the time on her phone and sees that it is already 9 in the evening.
She slurps the soju down her throat and let thoughts carry her away.

Meanwhile, Jin is already on Aurora's doorstep. Maleficent told him numerous times to get inside but he refused. It's cold outside and Jin thinks he deserves to feel cold for what he has done to Aurora earlier this morning.

He felt really ashamed of himself.
He should have just told her the truth.

...
Aurora looks at the time, she finished two bottles of soju within just twenty minutes.

"I know that you'll be here."
Yoongi sits down on the chair next to Aurora and stares at her.
"I knew what happened."

"He wasn't lying with his feelings with me, isn't he?"
Yoongi smiles to himself as he realises that he already lost his game with Jin before he could even try.
All those nights where he went to her house and tried asking her out but held back because he knew he wasn't the one she's waiting for, are just wasted.

"Are you sulking here because of his engagement?"
Yoongi smiles at her.
"Don't be. Jin is not the type to lie about things."
He says.

He messages Jin with their location and closes his phone.

"I need to go. Don't go anywhere else. I asked someone to pick you up, sweetheart."
Yoongi says as Aurora eyes him leave the mart.

Yoongi does not want to go againts Jin. Not when he just found out that the older is the hero he wanted to meet since forever.

"He can't be lying.. that's right."
Aurora repeats to herself as she gulp down the 3rd bottle of soju down her throat.

"Aurora."
The sudden appearance of the familiar voice makes Aurora's heart hurt. If Jin is really lying about his intentions with her, she really does not know what to feel anymore.

"Jin!"
She beams, not even able to open her eyes with the amount of alcohol she took.
"I.. I.. I just want to have a drink--"

"Don't ever do this again, please."
Jin says, supporting her small body from falling down the chair she is sitting in.

Is he concerned for her?
Her heart stings at the thought that he is, but then it could be a lie.
A fake facade that he puts on his face whenever he's with her.

"Why? Are you worried for me or something?"
She chuckles.
"Don't be, you're engaged."

Jin's face contorts with the words that came out of her mouth.

"Aurora, I wanted to talk to you about what happened earlier, but not when you're drunk like this."

"You should go to that Princess and leave the bounty hunter here, she can manage on her own."
She giggles.
"I don't need anyone."