XXXIX

"Spen-cer." I breathed out on a sigh.

Planting a kiss on my stomach, Spencer's head appeared from beneath the covers, his eyes twinkling with mischief.

"Told you I'd be an efficient alarm clock." he grinned, biting his lip.

I sighed again, flopping back onto the bed, unable to stop myself giggling.

Spencer chuckled, pulling himself up and laying next to me.

He looked across at me and we both burst out laughing.

"So that didn't take much persuading, huh?" he smirked, cheekily.

I scowled at him, "Oh my gosh, enough!"

"You know I'm teasing." He chuckled, stretching out, "Have you worked up an appetite? I sure have, I'm absolutely starved."

I rolled my eyes, "Spencer, you're always hungry."

"Hey, come on," he nudged my shoulder with his, "You know my mum is going to be cooking up a storm downstairs. She even asked me last night what you'd want for breakfast this morning."

My heart melted. I really was becoming part of the family. Leah was so thoughtful.

Spencer squeezed my behind, rolling up and out of bed, "Come on you, let's head downstairs. I'm in the mood for bacon."

*

As Spencer predicted, Mum had laid out a banquet of a breakfast, fit for a king.

I thought this type of thing only existed in the movies, you know, where the dad comes downstairs to this huge table of breakfast, picks up a slice of toast and walks right out the door.

Leah had really outdone herself.

Fruit, pancakes, bacon, eggs, baked beans, hash browns, sausages, black pudding, mushrooms, tomatoes, delicate slices of toast, dainty blueberry muffins, yoghurt, cereal, and, my all time favourite: waffles, were all packed onto the table in what looked like something out of a magazine.

We were evidently late for breakfast as sat around the table were Leah, Richard and Serena, but with empty plates.

Richard, compared to when I had seen him last night, was casually dressed in loose fitting jeans and a polo shirt. Serena, comfortable and pink as ever, wore a giant fluffy dressing gown, and her unicorn slippers peaked out from under the table.

I stood at the threshold of the door, with my mouth open, practically salivating at the meal before me.

"Wow, Mum, this is some breakfast." Spencer remarked, squeezing my hand.

"You know what I say, Spencer. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day." Leah smiled, "Adriana, good morning, sweetheart. Please, please, sit."

"Good morning everyone," I replied, Spencer tugging me towards the table, "I hope we're not late."

Leah looked like the cat that ate the canary and it made me blush, thinking she might know what Spencer and I were up to this morning.

"Nonsense," she said, "You had a long day yesterday, what with the travelling and all this excitement. And besides, I've just served up."

Just then, Sebastian raced down the stairs, in a white long sleeved top, rolled up at the sleeves, and khaki pants.

He skidded into the kitchen, barefoot.

"Morning all," he nodded, grabbing a single slice of toast from the toast rack, "I am so incredibly late. Can't stop."