XXX

I awoke with a start, breathless, to Spencer kissing my stomach, head beneath the covers.

Giggling, I tugged on his golden brown head, causing him to look up at me with those shocked, yet incredibly endearing cerulean eyes.

"Good morning, handsome." I bit down on my bottom lip, suddenly feeling incredibly shy in front of him. I seriously needed to get over this, he was my man for goodness sake!

"Hmm." He grinned, sliding up the bed – and my body – to seal his lips to my neck.

I gasped, twisting my fingers in his hair and pulling him closer.

Spencer chuckled, burying his face in my neck, "Good morning to you, beautiful."

"What a wake-up call!" I exclaimed, "Remind me—to get rid of the alarm clock."

He grasped my chin between his thumb and first finger in his trademark show of affection, "Will do, baby. I'll wake you up like this every morning if you let me."

Lowering his lips to mine, he planted a soft, yet incredibly sexy kiss to my lips.

"Spence!" I groaned, attempting to roll over, "I have morning breath!"

"You know what I think about your morning breath?" he raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

Suddenly he pounced on me, pinning my arms to the bed and kissing me thoroughly, "That's what I think. Adri, I couldn't care less. Unless you care about my morning breath?"

I scoffed, "Yeah right, you smell like a toothpaste factory constantly, Spence. Plus, you wake up looking like a male model."

"Whatever," he poked his tongue out at me, in a childish gesture.

Rolling my eyes to the heavens, I slapped his chest, "Oh yeah, real mature, Haywood."

He squeezed my behind, rolling out of bed, "Come on you, I think it's about time we got some breakfast."

"Let me guess," I smirked, "Sustenance to keep up with you in bed?"

His face was serious and he frowned, pursing his lips, "No, I was just really hungry."

"Oh." I blushed, embarrassed in every fiber of my being. This is why I didn't talk about sex...

Spencer chuckled, leaning down to kiss me, "I was kidding, Adri."

"Oh." I repeated, looking down.

"Hey, relax, sweetheart," he kissed my forehead, "There's nothing I'd love more than to spend the day in bed with you. Especially before this afternoon."

My eyes snapped upwards to read his expression. Of course, we were telling my brother and Alicia about us over a late lunch today. The secret we'd been keeping for months now. Why the hell had we waited so long?

I swallowed the lump that materialized out of nowhere in my throat, "Can we...cross that bridge when we get to it, Spence? Everything is going to be fine. But...you know, I'd rather forget about it for now."

"Hey," he smoothed my hair backwards and kissed my forehead, "Of course. What would you like for breakfast? Pancakes? Syrup and bacon...your favourite..."

I grinned, all thoughts of angry big brothers and arguments over the dinner table forgotten, "I love you, Haywood."

*

I sat at the breakfast bar, or rather on Spencer's lap at the breakfast bar in his shirt, which had begun to double as my pyjamas.

Cookie, my kitten, who was now practically full grown, paced up and down the hardwood floor, following a toy with a bell attached that Licia had bought him as a gift.