L - EPILOGUE

[Author's Note]

I can't believe I am writing this, but after so long, so many ups and downs in my life and the lives of these characters, we have finally reached the end!

I had always planned 50 chapters for this novel, and amazingly, the storyline in my head actually hit that target perfectly! Writing Everything has taken me through various stages of my personal life. I never intended it to take this long, but adulthood had other plans. Nevertheless, I was determined not to give up on this piece, or my love for writing. As I've said in the past, this is a hobby, but one I've had for many years.

Finishing this novel represents another chapter closing in my life (if you'll pardon the pun), and I think that's why it may have taken so long - I've been hesitant to really let go. But I'm also so happy that I can say I've brought this to a close. One I hope you'll enjoy.

The song attached is perfect for this book. The lyrics especially. It makes me smile and brings a lump to my throat as I finish Adriana and Spencer's story.

If you've been along for the ride, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I hope you've enjoyed reading as much as I have writing, and connected to these characters I first conceived in my brain years ago. And never fear - there may be one more surprise I have left up my sleeve!

Until we meet again, I leave you not only with the epilogue, but with a quote which resonates with me: "He who has a why to live, can bear almost any how". For a long time, writing has been my why. I hope you find your why, too.

With love always,

- Bex. 'xo

______________________________________________________________________________

EPILOGUE

It was a slow step. A wobbly step. But it was a step.

His leg lifted, almost shaking in mid-air, before he practically slammed it down onto the hardwood floor.

His arms were outstretched, as he reached out his hands for balance, propelling himself forward towards me. And I was here, here to catch him, here to help him.

He'd done so well. I was so proud.

Caught up in the unbelievable joy of this milestone moment, I surrendered to my laughter as we both collapsed in a pile on the floor.

I pulled him towards me, sweeping him up into my arms, and covering his face with kisses.

"You did it!" I exclaimed, "You did it my clever, clever boy!"

Teddy chortled, his little chest moving up and down with glee as I tickled him.

He was my pride and joy. Our pride and joy. And he was growing up so fast - taking his first steps already, when it felt like yesterday he'd been placed in my arms.

Theodore Spencer Haywood - affectionately named after my father, and his - made a screaming entrance into the world one year ago today on a balmy New York evening, or rather the early hours of the morning.

No one was more pleased to see him than me, the woman who insisted on a natural birth, no drugs, and who'd struggled through the last few months of pregnancy in sweltering Manhattan heat.

Teddy - the spitting image of his dad - was a perfect bundle of joy.

He had deep, dark and questioning big brown eyes, the slightest tan to his flawless skin, curly blonde-brown hair, and chubby, kissable cheeks with a cupid's bow mouth.

He loved sitting in his high chair, walks in his stroller in Central Park, and recently, pancake bites which he valiantly tried to feed himself.

And as we'd watched him grow, he amazed us at every turn.