Chapter 8

I heard the door slam shut and I felt my body relax. I shifted and slowly moved my legs off the sofa, putting my bare feet onto the hard wooden floor. I gritted my teeth and stood up, my weak body shaking from the slight pain of standing after so long.

I walked over towards a small window and moved the curtains so I could look out. I saw Hanji and Levi, dressed in black, turn a corner. Using all the strength I could master, I ran towards my shirt and put it on.

It smelt of lavender and lemon grass, my nose twitched and I put my hands over it to stop me from sneezing. I sighed then started to look for my shoes and jacket.

My shoes were on a mat by the front door and my jacket was hung up. Where the Doll had bite me through the fabric, the area was nearly stitched up with a lighter shade of black. My boots had been polished and stripped of mud, putting both my jacket and boots on I turned the steel door handle.

"Where do you think your going brat?" A voice said from the shadows up the stairs. I stepped back in fright and felt myself being pinned to the wall.

Levi had slammed his hand inches away from my face. He looked up, now I can really see how short he is in stature. His cold eyes stared into my green ones.

"Did, or did I not, tell you. That if you left this house or even tried to escape I would hunt you down and kill you?"

"Why do you want me to stay so badly?!"

"Why do you ask so many questions brat?!" His face was inches from my own. Levi's grey eyes slowly turned black, I could clearly see my reflection in them. A low sound came from deep in his throat, a kind of growl.

"Why do you even care?!" I yelled at him. Levi glared at me and then gently brushed his lips against my own. Within seconds he had vanished, fleeing faster than I can breath. I stayed standing, leaning on the door. Alone.