Chapter 26

Waking up was not pleasant, especially waking to find your face squashed against the cold dirty ground.

Pushing myself up and rubbing my poor cheek warm after it suffered such a tragic event of floor-to-skin contact.

Krista was still asleep, her face a sickly shade of pale rose, forehead glistening with sweat.

I groggily got up and leant over to nudge her unconscious body, strands of chocolate coloured hair invading my vision.

"Krista, come on it's time to wake up now. Krista..!" I whispered repeatedly until she awoke, she flinched when she accidentally moved her foot.

"Come on, we need to find the others. Maybe I should give you a piggy-back ride, to prevent you from damaging your foot."

"That... Would be great, thanks." She rubbed her eyes clear of sleep, her gaze flicked from between the bag and I. "But, what about the bag..?"

"Oh... Uh... I'll carry it, don't worry."

"But Eren, what if you need to fight? I doubt it, but you can never be to sure..." She moved a strand of golden hair behind her ear. "Let me sling the bag over my back, you can still carry me, but it means you can fight. Right?"

"I suppose so... But are you sure? I don't want to hurt you..."

"Eren. I'm fine, the sooner we get out the better, we should get going." She looked down at the torch, reaching out to grab it. Her fingers brushed against the side, instead of brining it closer, it ended up rolling out of her grasp. The light distorting for a brief second.

I got to my knees and leant over to pick it up and pass it to her, she thanked me and shone the torch in multiply directions, its beam bathing the places it hit into a silvery glow.

After a quick stretch, I offered my hands out to Kirsta once I was on my feet. She looked at them before grabbing one of them.

"Now, I'm going to pull you up. This may hurt a little but I need you too stand on your other foot, I'll hold you up while you put the bag on. Okay?" I asked, she nodded and took a deep breath.

I mentally counted to three when I thought she seemed ready and pulled her up, several gasps of pain could be heated echoing through out the area.

Flinching at these noises I went to hold her steady, grabbing the nearby bag. "Sorry, here, do you need help..?"

"I-I'm fine... Just... Never mind I can do it... Thanks anyway..." She shakily stated, starting to slip her hands under the bag's straps until it was successfully on.

"This is going to be the hardest part, I need you to sort of jump onto my back, right? Then wrap you legs around me and-"

"Eren. I know what a piggy back is." She cut me off, softly laughing. My jade eyes widening slightly, then I joined her with a short laugh.

"Yeah, sorry, I just wanted to remind you and stuff."

"It's fine, ready..?"

"On the count of three, okay?" She nodded and I walked in front of her, bending down slightly. Thankfully due to her small frame she was both light and easy to lift.

"One... Two... Three...!" She climbed onto my back pushing her good foot of the ground, soon bother her legs wrapped themselves around my waist.

"F-Fuck...!" She cried out as the pressure was removed from her foot, her arms hooked around my neck for extra support.

"Wow, never heard you swear before." I joked, having thought her to be the girly type that would say something like 'Daisies' or something else, hey, what can I say, I'm not great at judging people.

"I swear more than you think I do, must be you boys... Always swearing when I have to fix up your wounds... Sometimes it's when I'm alone with a few of the girls, like Ymir or Sasha, while I whip up a stinky batch of ointment." She mumbled, sounding louder due to how close she was to my ear.

"Ha, I'll never understand women. I mean, Mikasa is a hard case to crack but she's family so it kinda... You know what I'm trying to say right?"

"Yeah, I do, come on we can do two things at the same time."

"Right, got it." I huffed out an started to walk down the right end of the corridor, hallway, tunnel... What ever the fuck this place is...!

"Krista, torch, please." I reached up to get the torch, her fingers uncurling from around the black casing. "Thanks"

I shone it beam around watching as the stone and moss in the walls became more defined, the colours either dulling or reflecting the torches glow back at us.

"This is going to take forever... Now I know what Levi meant by not splitting up... Damn shorty Dracula..." I muttered to myself, the words barely audible.

"Did you say something..?" Krista asked, shuffling a bit causing me to move her so that we were both comfortable.

"Naa.... Don't worry about it..." I quickly said, unknowingly my lips were tugged into a soft smile.

AN-

Oh-my-gosh-I-am-so-sorry-for-the-delay-don't-kill-me..! I just started my GCSE's and things are hectic with the amount of coursework I'm being given daily. T^T

So here is the 26th chapter, I hope you enjoyed it and this book is nearly at 3k?! OMG thanks! I'm so glad you guys stayed around this long!