The lady in red

"Well", Nathalie began, as she forced herself to part that kiss, "I think, I'm gonna take a shower, before I try the underwear on. As you said, we need to get ready."

Gabriel nodded yet kept holding on to her hand, until they reached the bathroom door. 

"I need to take my hand with me, you know!", the young singer mused.

The man inhaled deeply and whispered with a  disappointed look before he let go of her hand:

"I know"

He sighed, as if he had to let go of her forever, which made her smile and she pitying cupped his cheek for a moment. Then she slipped through the door and closed it behind her. 

Gabriel stared at the closed door for a moment, then he remembered, that he wanted to pick a dress for her and turned towards a special suitcase, which contained his latest creations. There was a particular one, he had in mind, and he hoped, that he could adjust it in the short period of time until their departure. He had just found it and taken it out to place it on a hanger, so it would even out a little, when he heard music coming from the bathroom. The song was familiar, yet he couldn't make it out, as it wasn't loud enough. But then Nathalie started to sing along:

'Tonight's the night we're gonna make it happen, tonight we'll put all other things aside,  

 give in this time and show me some affection, we're going for those pleasures in the night,

I want to love you, feel you, wrap myself around you,                                                                          I want to squeeze you, please you, I just can't get enough and if you move real slow, I'll let it go 

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it, I'm about to loose control and I think I like it,

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it, I know, I know, I know, I know, I want you, I want you.

We shouldn't even think about tomorrow, sweet memories will last a long, long time, 

We'll have a good time baby don't you worry, and if we'll still play around, boy that's just fine,'

Gabriel swallowed heavily. Just imagining to do, what she was just singing about, singing with so much devotion, that he immediately believed her, made it hard for him to focus on his work. 

He shook his head and looked back at the dress, comparing her figure to the piece of cloth in front of him in his mind, but that made his imagination go crazy even more, because he could picture her very well in those new undergarments, he had asked Audrey for. 

Gabriel sighed and let himself fall backwards on top of the bed again, closing his eyes, while he waited for Nathalie to be finished.

The thud the bathroom door made, when the young woman entered the room and let it fall shut behind her, made him jump. Only now he noticed, that he had dozed off. Looking around with confusion, his eyes met with Nathalie's, who was giggling after seeing him startled like that. But as he got to his feet completely and approached her, she saw the look in his eyes and became quiet in an instant. 

"S-Sorry", she said, "I didn't mean to laugh at you. I just thought, it was cute", Nathalie now looked down at herself nervously, asking:

"Do you like this one or should I try one of the other two?"

Gabriel stopped shortly before he reached her and looked her up and down with a loving smile. 

"I don't like it. But I am very sure, I won't like the other ones either, as long as I would rather rip them off of you!", he admitted with a seductive smile. "But you look very beautiful in this one. So maybe, you would like to try on this dress over there? I thought it matches your hair perfectly, right?" 

He took both her hands and kissed the back of them one after the other. 

"I'll go and take a shower too, then I will have a look and maybe I need to make some small changes. But I am sure, you will look amazing in it!", he told her softly.

Nathalie only nodded, her cheeks blushed. While Gabriel went into the bathroom, she carefully felt the fabric. It was cool and even and soft. Then she remembered, that she had forgotten her glasses on the back of the sink and ran after Gabriel, to get them, before he would be in the shower. 

The young assistant rushed through the door and bumped directly into the already naked Gabriel.

"Oh my......I am so sorry.....but I need my glasses.....I can't see anything without them......I.....just pretend, that you are not naked and leave right away!", she stammered and reached around him for her spectacles.

"Don't get so flustered, love", he hummed, "I am most certainly not the first naked man you have seen, or looked at, as you said you can't see anything without your glasses!"

He grabbed the woman around her waist and pulled  her close, to kiss her once again. As soon as you're ready, you can have a closer look into that bag from Audrey, because I asked her to get the most common strength for contacts as well, so you can pick the ones you need and put them in. You do know how to do that, right?"

Nathalie scoffed. 

"Of course I do. I..."

"Good. Now just go, we really don't have that much time left!"

She nodded and pecked his lips again. "Okay"

When Gabriel returned to the room about twenty minutes later, Nathalie was sitting on the bed, the dress lying next to her, tears glistening in her eyes. 

As he walked to her and laid a hand on her upper arm, she shrugged him off and turned away.

"I can't do that", she said quietly, "I can't be, what you want me to be. I...." She turned away and started to sob, while he just stood there thunderstruck. 

Then the concerned man slowly sat down beside her and wrapped both his arms around her.

"What do you think, I want you to be? What happened? Is there anything wrong with the dress?"

Trying to free herself off his grasp, she yelled:

"I won't be your personal hooker, no matter what that son of a bitch promised you!"

"What are you talking about? I would never....", he was close to tears himself, hearing her say things like that again.

"Well, that thing makes me look like one, so....I can tell what you want me to be!", Nathalie spat.

The young woman was still trying to push herself off of him, but he held her tight until she calmed down. 

"Would you please put it on and show me what you mean?" She shook her head. 

"Come on, love, I actually feel a little hurt, so at least let me see, why you are accusing me of things like that."

"Fine", she gave in, "see for yourself!"

Then she stood up and pulled the red dress over her head, to then quickly hug herself, without even closing the zipper. Gabriel smirked.

"Come here", he ordered and she did as he told her. "Let me pull that up, and now turn around!"

She slowly moved and the designer began to smile.

"I have to admit, that I don't want to see you wearing that, where other men could see you too, but you look incredibly beautiful", he cupped her cheek with one hand, the other taking a hold of her waist, "it's too cold for only that anyway, so I was thinking about a coat or something. I won't let you go out there like that, my dear, my lady in red!"