Father and son(s)

"Marinette, hurry, my father brought Nathalie into the hospital and I so want to be there to say hello to my little sis!"

The teenage girl chuckled.

"Relax, Minou, it can still be a boy.", she tried to hold him back.

"But, sugarcube, the fortuneteller in the park said, it was a girl!", he insisted.

"Yeah, she also told you, that you would fall in love with Chloe......so?"

"Okay, okay, but would you please come with me? You know I'm not so good with people!", the young man begged his girlfriend.

"Of course I will, Adrien, I wouldn't want to miss this for anything!"

"Thank you, sugarcube!", he whispered and kissed her passionately. Then they called for a cab and made their way to the hospital, that Gabriel had named, a private clinic nearby, but still too far to just walk there. When they arrived, they were told to have a seat in the waiting area, while a nurse called the midwife in the delivery room, to ask for permission, to let the teenagers in.

Only a few minutes later, the designer was walking towards them and gestured them both to follow him into the room, Nathalie was in.

When the young couple carefully took a glimpse through the ajar door, they could see the young wife of Gabriel Agreste, her hair hanging in sweaty streaks around her head, as she had opened her bun and even the ponytail, she had fastened, had become loose by now. Her face was dark red from the pain, and she looked exhausted but not scared anymore. She was rather looking anticipating, as if she couldn't wait for everything to go on.

"Just come in", she encouraged them with a hoarse whisper, which really sounded tired and the adolescents hesitated. Then Marinette took a deep breath and grabbed Adrien's arm to drag him inside with her. Both looked astounded at the machine, that was scribbling onto an endless paper, one graph for the heartbeat and one for the closer recurring contractions.

The midwife, who was just reading those scripts smiled at the young people and turned the volume up a little bit, so they were able to hear the very quick heartbeat of the yet unborn baby.

"Wow", Marinette exclaimed, "that's so amazing!" A sudden loud sound made her and the young model flinch. "What was that?", she asked in shock.

"That was the baby, kicking against the little device, that monitors the heartbeat!", Nathalie chuckled.

"Oh my gosh, that's so sweet. But doesn't it hurt?", the young woman asked curiously.

"Sometimes, but I don't mind. As long as the little one is kicking, I know, that he or she is doing fine. Come here, feel!"

"Really?", Marinette asked and reached out her hand reluctantly.

"Don't be shy! Here feel!"

Nathalie had just taken the girl's hand and placed it, where the unborn child had just been hitting the hardest.

"Fuck! S-Sorry, I didn't mean to, but....Adrien did you feel that?"

Her boyfriend nodded.

"Yeah, it's incredible, right?"

"Uh-huh!" was the only response.

Then the pregnant woman suddenly cringed and squeezed her eyes shut, while taking short, laboured breaths.

"That was a little stronger already, dear!", the midwife said and patted her shoulder. "You're coping very well, but it sadly will take some more time, I'm sorry!"

"Oh, please don't. I'm just happy, that everything is fine by now!", Nathalie waved her off.

"Believe me, sweetheart, you're going to change your opinion about that soon!", the older woman said with a weary smile.

Hours passed by in which Nathalie's pain seemed to get worse and worse, yet still it wasn't time for her to start pushing and get it over with. The teenagers had been with her until late in the night, but were now cuddled into each other on a couch in the waiting area, while Gabriel was holding his wife's hand, wiping off the sweat and getting her fresh cool cloths to lay on her forehead, to cool her down a little bit in the Parisian summer heat.

A soft knock on the door made them look up and a young nurse told them:

"Excuse me, but there's an older woman who's speaking a terrible French, claiming to be your mother!"

Nathalie chuckled.

"Yeah, that sounds about right, just let her in!"

She beamed at her husband.

"She made it!", she whispered to then roll herself into a ball again, trying to endure the pain once more.

Her mother was slowly entering but as she saw her daughter in so much pain, she rushed to her side and took her into a tight hug.

"I am here sweetie. You're doing that very good. Just a little longer. I remember your birth, when I was feeling like that, it was always over. I promise, it won't take much longer!"

"You promised to always be there for me, when I was a kid too. But you weren't!", the young, exhausted woman now sobbed into her mother's chest.

"I know, honey, and I am so, so sorry for that. But now I am here and I am sure, your midwife will tell you the same, once someone told her what I said, because I could hear that young nurse making fun of my French. I can't help my pronunciation, but I can at least understand, what they are saying. But I will leave you to your husband now, I am right outside the door. I already met that beautiful stepson of yours. He and his pretty, little girlfriend look a bit scared, so if you don't mind", she looked at Gabriel now, "j'aurai un oeil sur eux, pendant qu'on attend!"

"She was right ma'am, your French sucks, but thank you for looking after the kids!", Gabriel mused.

They didn't have to wait for long until they heard the crying of the newborn child. Smiling the young couple jumped up from the sofa and so did Nathalie's mum.

They hugged each other, all three crying in joy despite not knowing, if it was a girl or a boy. But the fact, that they could hear the baby cry, was a lucky sign itself.

Almost half an hour later, the blissfully smiling designer appeared and asked them to quietly follow him.

As they entered the room, they could see Nathalie, looking even more exhausted than the last time they were inside, but smiling happily, her newborn baby wrapped into a yellow towel in her arms.

"May I introduce you all to little Sebastien Eduard Agreste?", he said with a proud grin.

"It's a boy?", Adrien asked in disbelief. "Oh thank God, if that fortuneteller was wrong about that, I will never fall for Chloe either!"

He then kissed his girlfriend happily.

The adults smiled over the young man's outburst. The new grandmother approached the bed and kissed her daughter's forehead tenderly.

"See, I kept my promise this time. He's the most beautiful little boy, that I've ever seen. You both did well, when you made him!", she said with a wink, making the young parents blush deeply.

"Mum!", Nathalie scolded, to then become emotional again and ask under tears, "would you like to hold him?"

"If you don't mind, that I'll never give him back!", the older woman chuckled.

Gabriel quietly gestured for the midwife to come closer.

"Would you mind, taking a picture of all of us? Now, that we're finally complete!"

"Complete for now!", Nathalie interjected and they all laughed happily.

THE END