Nights in white Satin

"Uhm....well....", Adrien said sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck, "that's kinda....embarrassing right now. I swear to you, usually they don't act like that.... they.....I don't know......I love how my father changed though....after mum died... he was so....emotionless I'd call it....but now....it's nice to have real parents again, somehow!"

Marinette had still been giggling at the beginning of his sentence, but when he finished, she was looking at him with pity and a little concern.

"You miss her, don't you?", she asked softly.

The boy nodded and turned towards the TV, pretending to look at something on the screen, so she wouldn't see his tears. The unexpected sensation of her small hand on his shoulder made him let out a sob, he had tried to hold back so hard.

"Oh Adrien, I am so sorry, I shouldn't even have asked", the girl exclaimed remorsefully, "c-c-can I h-hug you, t-to make you f-feel b-b-better?"

Again he nodded and reluctantly turned back towards her, being almost thrown backwards by the intensity of her embrace. While he buried his face into the crook of her neck, he suddenly wasn't feeling so sad anymore, because holding the young woman so close, feeling her soft skin and smelling her sweet odour, gave him a completely new sensation. 

Marinette looked puzzled as he suddenly pulled back forcefully.

"What....did I do something wrong? I.....", she stammered, close to tears herself now.

"No!", he yelled right into her face, making her flinch. "Oh God, I didn't mean to yell at you", he tried to explain much calmer now, "I just wanted to be convincing, that it wasn't your fault!"

He buried his face in his hands, while shaking his head and sat down on his sofa.

"Wh-what was it th-then?", Marinette asked shyly.

"Boy problem! Too embarrassing to tell!", he mumbled, barely to understand through his palms, which were still covering his face.

The teenage girl sat down beside him and gently pulled his arms down.

"I don't know about boy problems, but I am sure there's nothing embarrassing about a boy missing his mum!", she tried to cheer him up.

"If it only was that!", he muttered angrily, his eyes shortly and unconsciously flickering to his crotch. 

Marinette followed his gaze and saw the bump, to then turn scarlet red when she eventually understood, what he was talking about.

"O-Oh, th-that b-boy problem!", she stuttered, her face turning even darker. 

Adrien winced.

"Wh-what? Y-You...oh no, don't tell me you....", he groaned and tried to turn away from her, while pulling on the crotch of his pants.

"M-M-Maybe I should leave. I don't know what...happened.....why....that", she glanced down at him, "happened, but I don't want to.....make you feel bad about it....so..."

"Please don't", he whispered, "it kinda was your fault, just not in a bad way, it just feels so pathetic, to have this reaction from the girl, I like. just hugging me!"

His emerald green eyes looked at her pleadingly, noticing how flustered she was just now.

"The g-g-girl, you....what?", she wondered, being certain to have heard him wrong.

Getting a little more confident again, he took her left hand into his right and said sternly:

"The girl I like!"

Not able to answer, she just stared at him.

"Marinette? Please say something. It's okay, if you don't like me, but please don't be mad at me! I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything", he exclaimed and loosened his grip to let go off her hand. The love struck girl though, didn't let go of him and interlinked their fingers, while shaking her head, still not able to speak at all.