The time of my life

The journey back to Paris was quiet. Nathalie was sleeping a lot and if she was awake, she was crying most of the time. Gabriel didn't really know, what to do, to calm her a little bit down.

Then he suddenly began to smirk.

Getting really close to the woman's ear, he started to sing:

"Now I've had the time of my life, no I never felt like this before, yes I swear, it's the truth and I owe it all to you."

Nathalie lifted up her head with a smile and continued with the female part of the song:

"Cause I've had the time of my life and I owe it all to you!"

Gabriel again:
"I've been waiting for so long now I finally found someone to stand by me"

Nathalie:
"Saw the writings on the wall, as we felt the magical fantasy!"

Both:
"Now with passion in our eyes, there's no way we could disguise it secretly, so we take each other's hand, cause we seem to understand the urgency...."

The designer:

"Just remember"

Nathalie:

"You're the one thing"

Gabe:

"I can't get enough of..."

The pregnant woman:

"So I tell you something"

Both again:

"This could be love, because I had the time of my life, no I never felt like this before, yes I swear, it's the truth, and I owe it all to you, cause I had the time of my life and I search through every open door, till I found, going through and I owe it all to you!"

Afterwards they both kissed passionately until , just as they entered the city again, Nathalie took a sharp breath.

Gabriel looked at her with narrowed eyes.

"Are you alright, love? Or is there something wrong?"

The young woman looked at im anxiously.

"I'm not so sure, I just felt a sharp pain and I'm afraid, it might be the baby!"

The man sat up straight in about a second and took a hold of his wife's hand.

"Really? I mean, that would be great, right? We would eventually get to see our little one today or maybe tomorrow. I'm with you, my dear, don't be afraid. Would you like to go to the hospital right away or would you rather go home first? I'll inform Adrien, would you like me to text your mum too?"

"Relax, Honey. I don't even know, if it really was........., ................. oh crap!"

She held her breath and cringed, while laying both her hands onto her belly.

"Okay", she said sheepishly, when the contraction was over, "now I am sure. Because I kinda wet the seat just now and it was like a lot!"

She tried to get up and take a look at the mess.

But Gabriel stopped her.

"Just stay, where you are. Don't care about the car! Would you like to sit over here, so you feel more comfortable again? Come, let me help you!"

He supported her to get over to his side of the seat and took off his blazer, to let her sit on it and cover her with it, so she could take off her wet clothes. Then he ordered the Gorilla to stop the car, so he could get to the trunk and get some fresh underwear and a wide comfortable pair of pregnancy pants for his beloved woman.

"Feeling a little better like this?", he asked, as soon as they were back on the road.

Nathalie nodded.

"I...", she began, to be interrupted by another strong pain in her abdomen.

Clinging on to Gabriel's hand, she closed her eyes and breathed heavily in and out.

"I was about to say, that it feels a lot better that way. But honestly? Could you look for my phone and call my mum? I would like to talk to her again. There are so many questions about babies and giving birth, I wanted to ask her, but I thought there was still time!", she was close to panicking now.

The concerned man scooted closer and took her into a tight embrace.

"Shush, my love, everything will be fine. We're going to call your mum right away and maybe she'll even make it before our little angel will be born. See, I got your phone and it's already ringing!"

He pecked the pregnant woman's cheek tenderly to then hand her the device.

"Hello? Nathalie?", the voice of the older woman could be heard through the speaker.

"M-M-Mum? I just had to......oh God damn it......I......", she held out the phone for Gabriel to take over, while she squeezed his other hand firmly.

"Hello? Gabriel here. Don't worry, she's fine, she just can't speak right now, because she's having another contraction...................Yes, ma'am, we're already in Paris and we're on our way to the next hospital. I think, as the labour just started, if you were serious about getting into your car..........yes, I'd say, you could make it in time. The traffic in the evening is better than in the daytime. Here's your daughter again!"

"Mum? I'm scared. G-Gabriel is wonderful and I am sure, that he will stay with me all the time, but I want you to come too. Please? Thank you, I love you so much. I'll call you again as soon as we know more we just arrived in front of the hospital and.......oh for heaven's sake, again......I......later mum.......ow.....I can't..."

And then she just hung up and just focused on her breathing for quite some time.

"Maybe your mother should hurry, love, don't you think?", Gabriel tried to encourage her a little bit.

She leaned against his chest and sighed.

"I really am scared Gabriel!", she admitted.

The designer kissed the top of her head very gently.

"Me too, darling, me too! But you'll see, everything will go well and in a couple of hours, you will hold our little son or daughter in your arms and everything that ever made you sad will be forgotten. Okay?"

She nodded.

"Okay, let's just go inside then!", she said as if she was going to her own funeral.

The middle aged man smiled at her compassionately:

"Don't look so scared honey. I know you can do that. Just give me a little smile, and be glad, that it's going to be over soon!"