You can't hurry love

For the next couple of days, Adrien really seemed to enjoy, going to school, until he one afternoon, after entering the car, asked Nathalie:

"Can you tell me, how to make someone like you back?"

The poor boy seemed to be close to tears.

"Didn't you say, that she was nice to you and talked to you normally?", the young singer asked him with a compassionate smile.

He nodded, but then said:

"She did, at first, but every time, I try to talk to her now, she is just stammering and saying things, that make no sense at all. Hey, I don't find that funny!"

Nathalie laid a hand onto his forearm.

"Sorry, Adrien, but I was just laughing, because you don't have to worry about her not liking you The strange things, she does, are signs, that she really feels the same way, as you do", she now smirked, "why don't you just ask her out? Maybe to have some ice cream, or to see a movie or something like that. How does that sound?"

He looked petrified.

"A-a-ask her out? I-I don't know how to do that. I-I..........how did my dad ask you out? I mean, what did he say to you, to make you even go anywhere with him? It's not just....because....he's famous, right? I-I mean.....I'm sorry, Nathalie, I didn't mean to make you cry. I....know....you really like him. Or even......do you love him?"

He had unfastened his seat belt and was now hugging his father's assistant. The young woman, who barely had had someone to comfort her in her life, just clang on to the boy and sobbed into his shoulder.

After several minutes she felt ready to let go and wiped her tears with the back of her hand. Then she pulled out a tissue to blow her nose.

"I'm so sorry for that, Adrien. I have no idea, what's happening to me lately. I usually don't act emotional at all. But well......I usually don't fall......in........love just after knowing someone for like two hours", she smiled sheepishly. "But now, back to your problem. You can't hurry love, you know. Give it time. Give the girl time. But you really should ask her out. Ice cream would be good I guess!"

Adrien nodded.

"Thank you, Nathalie. And I am sorry for the way I acted, when we first met. I would love, if you became my mum very soon. I already feel, as if you were!"

She covered her mouth with her hand and just stared at him, her eyes already glistening with tears again, when they noticed, that they had arrived at the mansion and Gabriel was standing on top of the stairs, waiting for them.

"J-Just g-go", she said while she tried to hide her sobs, "I-'ll b-be there in a m-m-minute!"

The boy exited the car and jumped up the stairs, to be stopped by his father.

"Adrien, wait. Why isn't Nathalie coming? Did anything happen?", he asked his son sternly.

"I....uhm....made her cry....when I told her....that I would be happy.....if she would become my mum, soon! Can I go now?"

Gabriel nodded and patted the young model's back.

"Just go, I'll go and talk to her!"

"Hello, mum", he chuckled, as he opened the door to the back of the car.

"Really?", she asked. "You're mocking me, because his words touched me and made me cry?"

Gabriel shook his head with a smirk.

"Au contraire, my love, I am mocking you, because you're ashamed of it!", he cackled. "Come on, my dear, let's get inside. I'd like to spoil my son's future mum a little bit!"

"Would you please stop that? I really love that boy, but that still doesn't make me capable of becoming his mother anytime soon. I need to learn quite a lot to become one", she exclaimed, to then start crying again.

"Well, my love, if I take a different approach to the way you're acting lately, with being all emotional and according to the actual growth of your breasts, I would say, you need to learn how to be a mum rather quickly!", he said teasingly.

But then he started to think about what he just said and immediately his face went pale.

Nathalie had stopped crying at the same moment and was now staring at him in shock.

"What did you just say?", she asked with a loud and high pitched voice, "you can't be serious, to make fun about things like that!"

"But what if I wasn't joking, dear? Didn't you say, back on the plane, that you were drunk enough to start trying for those children?", he tried to stay calm as he spoke. Tried to not freak out completely.

"I 'was' kidding back then!", she sobbed now.

"Well, my love, we have been making love 'a lot' since our flight back here. It's been almost four weeks since then! And even though I was about to pull out in time at the first time, just when you held me tighter with your legs, I honestly didn't care any time later. And do you want to know, why? Because I meant, what I said, I would love to have a couple of children with you!", he told her in a soothing voice.

"Th-th-that's all h-h-happening way t-too fast. I-I don't know, h-h-how to deal with s-s-so many things at a time! I......am.....my whole life....has been a total......mess. I don't think, I'm.....even....capable of becoming a mum.....I hope, you're wrong.....I
I....damn you. Why did I fall for you so fast?", her sobbing had turned into stammering and then quickly into yelling.

Gabriel just pulled her out of the car by her hands and held her taut to his chest. She fought him at first, but then gave in and let him hold her and give her comfort.

"What's really your problem, love? Are you scared? Well maybe it helps if I tell you, that I am too!"

He smiled blissfully as she looked up to him with a more relaxed expression than before.

"I am not scared, I am petrified, when I simply imagine all of that!", Nathalie admitted, before she started to cry into the crook of his neck.