I'm with you

Gabriel had somehow nudged her towards the stairs, through the entrance doors, up the next staircase and into his bedroom.

Nathalie was still crying, but not as vigorously as before. She had calmed down a little bit and was able to, well almost, have a normal conversation. She was sitting at the rim of the bed now, while Gabriel was on his knees in front of her, covering her hands, which were lying on her thighs, with his own, his thumbs softly stroking the back of both hands.

She was still sniffling a little.

Leaning his forehead against hers, Gabriel stopped caressing her hands and took a hold of them instead, to bring them to his mouth and softly kiss one after the other.

"I'm glad, that you calmed down a little bit, my love. But we really should take you to a doctor, to see if you really are..."

"Don't speak it out loud!", she hissed.

Now it was the designer, who was close to tears. Slowly getting to his feet he uttered:

"Well, it must be a horrible thought to start a family with me then!"

He had already turned around to leave the room, when she caught his forearm.

"Don't run away now, please. It's not, that I wouldn't want to start a family with you, it's just, this is all so new. We barely know each other. Who can say, if we will work out. I know how it feels, if the parents hate each other. I....", she shouted at him, before she buried her face into the pillow and cried desperately.

A knock on the door followed by Adrien's voice startled them both.

"Father?", he called out, "is everything alright? I heard Nathalie yell and cry. Was it my fault?"

Nathalie lifted her head and looked at Gabriel. Her face showed her deep shock, that the boy even thought something like that.

"I-I can't answer him", she whispered.

The concerned man just grabbed her hand and said loudly:

"It's not your fault, Adrien!"

"C-Can I c-come in?", the young model asked shyly.

Though the young singer was shaking her head, Gabriel sighed and answered:

"You can come in, Adrien."

Nathalie stared at him, her eyes full of fear. But he just smiled, as the door slowly opened and the teenager hesitantly entered. Seeing her red eyes and her tears, he ran towards her and hugged her quickly.

"I'm so sorry, Nathalie, I really didn't want to make you cry. It is my fault, isn't it?", he looked at his father.

But Gabriel laid a hand on his shoulder and shook his head.

"It's not, Adrien, don't worry. I was just teasing Nathalie and told her, she was acting, as if she was pregnant, when we both realised, that she really could be. And that's why she was yelling and is still crying!", he explained, knowing his son would be thrilled by this new information.

And indeed, he gazed at the woman with a beaming smile and blurted out:

"But why are you crying then? Isn't that something, you should be happy about? I bet you will be a wonderful mum, I mean, I just told you, that I already see you as one for myself!"

She started to sob even harder, but hugged the young man tightly again.

"That's still so sweet from you to say, but I am honestly not feeling ready to be. I am scared, to do everything wrong and ruin a child's life by that", she told him after calming down a little bit.