All my life

Gabriel watched compassionately, as Nathalie ran into the bathroom for the second time this morning, to empty her stomach. As if the visit at the doctor had jinxed it, one symptom after the other had occurred since then.

When she returned into the office, still pale in her face, he could see, that she had been crying again. So he quickly stepped towards her and hugged her carefully.

"Oh my love, please stop crying. This will pass, I promise you that", he tried to soothe her.

But Nathalie vigorously shook her head.

"It's not that. Can you imagine how it feels, to have a creature growing inside of you, that you despise?", she spat.

He grabbed her shoulders and stared at her.

"Would you still feel the same, if you could be sure, that it was ours?", he asked her.

Her eyes filled with tears again as she replied:

"I'm sorry, but I can't change the way I feel. I am just scared, that it's not yours but this fucking bastard's. I...", she sobbed now.

Gabriel laid one arm around her shoulders and pulled her close to him, while he pressed her head with the other hand gently against his chest.

"Who are you talking about, Nathalie? Was it that despicable producer, who did that to you!"

She didn't have to answer, the worsening of her sobs was enough for him.

"Father, what did which producer do to Nathalie?", they heard a sudden question.

"Oh please, no!" , Nathalie groaned, "how much did you hear?"

"Enough to know, why you're so sad. And I don't even want to ask, what he did to you. But please, as long as you don't know, don't feel so bad. I am sure that father will find a way to make him pay. And I will do everything I can, to help him!", Adrien shouted angrily.

Gabriel turned towards him and nodded.

"Actually, Adrien, you could do me the favour and stay with Nathalie, while I have a talk to my old friend Andrè Bourgeois. I need to know, how much of this, the Mayor of Paris really knew!", he said with a trembling voice.

The young model agreed.

"Of course, father!", he mumbled and sat down at the young assistant's side.

He was rather pale, when he returned about twenty minutes later.

"André didn't know, that Bob Roth himself did do anything to you, but he was well aware, that this abominable man offered your 'special' services to his guests. I would just like to punch him again, right now!", Gabriel was fuming, "but he has ordered officer Raincomprix to investigate all of Mr Robert Roth's contracts and arrangements, until he gathered enough to get him into jail. And believe me, my love, he will never hurt you again!"

Nathalie, who had sat down on her office chair and was still very pale, offered him a weary smile.

"I am so sorry for everything, I put you through. Maybe I should try to find a different place to stay for some time", she suggested and looked to the floor.

Now it was Adrien again who interrupted her.

"Well, I don't know about my father, but I won't let you do that. I can't watch him again, becoming the way he was when mother died, and I don't want you to suffer either. And....I....
would really miss you, Nathalie, so... please, don't go away again!", he begged.

"I couldn't have said it better", Gabriel now whispered.

He laid his arms around her and pulled her to her feet.

"Come, love, you should lie down for a while. I don't like the way you're looking right now. You really should take some rest!"

"I can't. I think I....", she covered her mouth with both hands and ran towards the bathroom again. Gabriel followed her slowly and crouched down beside the vomiting woman.

"I will be there for you, darling, all my life. I don't care, what happened to you, if you're ashamed of anything. I am right here. And if at the next examination it really turns out to be from....you know....then I still will support whatever decision you make. How's that, my love?", he proposed after she finished and looked at him with teary eyes.

"That's just what's eating me up, Gabriel. I can't just kill an innocent child because of what he did to me. That would make a part of me die with it!", she whined.

"Then my love, you should start to love that little human being inside of you!"

"I kinda already do. But it's still killing me, to not know anything at all. I just want this appointment to be over and the certainty, that 'we' made this baby on the flight from New York to Paris!"

Though it seemed like an eternity to all of them, but mostly to Nathalie, the time until the next examination eventually passed and she was half naked on that special chair again, waiting for the doctor to tell them, some hopefully good news.

"Well", the doctor began, "I have a good and a bad message for you. The good one is, that the baby is completely healthy and definitely yours, Mr Agreste!"

"And the bad one?", Nathalie asked reluctantly.

Now the gynaecologist smirked before he answered:

"The bad one is, that you'll have to wait about two weeks longer to meet your baby, than I thought at first! But I think, I'll leave you alone for some time, to let it sink in, okay?"

The couple nodded.

As soon as he had left the room, Gabriel looked at Nathalie with tears in his eyes.

The young woman was already sobbing and a moment later she clang on to him frantically. As he cupped her cheek with his right hand, she smashed her lips onto his and kissed him savagely, their tears running down their faces and making their kiss taste salty but neither of them cared.

They were just happy, that the doctor could give them some good news.

As they arrived at the mansion, Gabriel squeezed Nathalie's hand tenderly and asked:

"Well, my darling, would you like to tell our son the good news? I bet he will be thrilled!"

"What did you just....did you just call him...."

"Our son? Absolutely, yes. As he wanted you to soon become his mum himself, I thought it was okay, to just call him ours. Don't you like it if I do?", he asked her carefully.

She was already crying again and just whispered: "I love it!", before she sobbed into his chest once more.

The designer simply smiled, as he rubbed her back soothingly.