22. Good Friends.

“Can I cancel this concert?”

Todd’s eyes widened in shock, “no, no. Everything has been already planned and set. You can’t back out. And you couldn’t perform your last concert because you fainted and you want to back out?! Think of your fans, Eric,” he scolded with a glint of panic in his tone.

Eric looked away from Todd and slumped on his chair but he remained silent. And Todd looked at him wondering what he was thinking.

===========

“Oh, my God!”

Amie yelled and ran her fingers through her hair, she stood up and turned to Betsy, “I can’t believe I never noticed. That she was dating Eric. Coming home late and always smiling unlike how she was. Argh!” She collapsed back on her seat and let out a frustrated huff.

“They are mean.”

Amie looked up to Betsy who stared at her phone, “what?”

“They are talking like they know anything about her,” Betsy said and squeezed her hand into a fist.

“Why are you getting angry?!” Amie yelled and stood up, “do you even know Macy? We don’t know her; she never says anything to us.”

“That’s because of many reasons, she could be scared that we are going to judge her like how you are doing now!” Betsy busted out as she slapped her hand on the table angrily.

“What the hell! Why are you getting angry at me?!”

“Let’s get this straight,” she turned to Amie with a less angry voice, “Eric was probably dating most of the time. He was flirting with girls and we didn’t care and all of a sudden, it's not a celebrity and people are angry. It's Eric and Macy’s life!”

Amie hissed, “can’t you see the television? They said she seduced him!”

“Do you think Macy would seduce him? And even if she did, he likes her now!” Betsy pointed out.

“How would you know? There is no statement from him!” Amie concluded as she yelled out, “don’t argue with me. You know the truth yet you don’t want to believe it.”

There was silence for a while.

“If you are a real friend then you won’t believe what they are talking about,” Betsy glared at Amie and walked out of the doom.

Amie let out a huff, “what the hell!”

Macy opened her door and she walked out. Her eyes met Amie and she froze and stared at her awkwardly, “hi, Ami-”

Amie let out a loud hiss and walked into her room banging the door behind her.

Macy let out a sign as she looked at Amie’s room door.

============

“We wouldn’t follow the normal way because of the paparazzi,” Todd paused and looked at Eric’s face but it was blank, “they would be too many because of… Ahem,” he fake-coughed and nodded his head since he knew that Eric knows what he was saying. “So, we would follow a more secret place to stop people from seeing you.” He turned to look at Eric again and added, “okay?” He looked away awkwardly when he didn’t get a response.

“Yeah.” Eric said but his face remained blank and Todd bite his lower lip in concern.

“So, let’s go now.”

Eric remained silent but he put on his nose mask, a sunglass, and a bucket hat.

They stood up and walked down from the plane, there were already about ten bodyguards waiting for him. They walked with the bodyguards around them.