16. His True Colors.

Breaking News: Eric Westcott, the number one man in the world, the man of the year, and the youngest man with the highest award in the world collapsed on stage at his concert. We are trying to get information and know what happened? Meanwhile, he has been taken to K&M Hospital. Reporters and the media have also rushed to the hospital to know what the problem is from Mr. Todd, his assistant. We are waiting for some information. And this is all we have. This is CCT News reporting by Anna Emile, 12:56 AM.”

She looked down at the radio talking from the Taxi. Her face tightened and she looked away and to the window.

“Miss, we are here.”

“O-oh… oh, right.” She turned back to the driver and smiled, “here, sir,” she handed over the fee and climbed out of the car, “thank you, sir.” She didn’t wait for a reply, she closed the door and ran through the rain pouring.

There was a crowd of people piped up inside the hospital, they were reporters and they held their cameras. A man cleaned off the rain/ sweat on his forehead and looked back into his camera. Macy looked at him then shook her head and ran to the counter. A nurse was facing her and she pushed her face closer to the nurse and whispered softly, “I’m Macy.”

The nurse looked confused for a second but she nodded and signalized her hand for Macy’s phone and Macy quickly gave it to her.

‘We are at K&M Hospital, tell the nurse by the counter with short hair that you are Macy and she will tell you where you will come. You can’t shout or say anything because of the media and reporters out there.’

The nurse nodded and glanced up at Macy and back into the phone. She typed on it and handed it over to Macy. Macy looked down at her phone, ‘Room 389, Seventh Floor. Do not tell anyone.’

Macy looked up at her and nodded, “thank you,” she didn’t wait for a reply and she dashed off and into the elevator. She pressed the button as fast as she could and she looked down at the floor. She bit her nails as she waited, her feet were tapping on the floor impatiently and her heart was breathing and sounding heavily loud.

The elevator dinged and her head moved up and looked at the doors opening, and she dashed off. Her head was moving sidewards as she ran, she finally stopped at the door of the room. She didn’t hesitate, she opened the door and rushed in.

Todd who was sitting by the couch with his hands on his face stood up and turned to her. Macy's eyes were on Eric who was laid on the bed and now dressed in the hospital pajamas, his eyes were closed and there was a drip wire connected to his hand. Her head was blank, she couldn’t think about anything but him.

“-acy. Macy,” Todd placed his hand on her shoulder to call her out from her thoughts and Macy turned to him in a swift, her eyes were widened and red. And same with Todd’s, he looked tired and stressed out. He looked down at his phone which started ringing and he raised them to his ears and said, “I'm coming. I am coming right here.” He let out a hiss and dropped down his hands, he looked back at Macy, “Please stay here with Eric, I have to go. They are so many calls coming in. Can you stay with him?”

Macy nodded quickly but remained silent.

“Thank you, Macy. I’ll leave now. If there is anything, call me,” he turned to go but stopped at her cracked voice.

“Is he going to be fine?”

Todd turned around to her and held her by the shoulders, “he is going to be fine. Eric has gone through worst things than this, and I know that he is a strong man, he will get through this and he will be fine. Okay?” He looked into her eyes as she did.