7. The coincidental Shit

"Are you serious?"

"I'm sure the girl is happy, she finally got his attention."

"It's stupid. She slapped him for flirting. What's she? An alien?"

Macy scoffed looking at high school girls gossiping loudly she turned to the television facing her.

"Fall in love, my ass," she muttered glaring at the television.

"What did you say," the part-timer beside her asked dropping the napkin on the counter, the young boy looked up at Macy.

"I didn't say anything," Macy smiled at him flushed realizing she cursed in front of him because he was underaged. He nodded and picked up the napkin and walked away, "okay."

"Oh my god, this Eric is making me frustrated," she muttered again then shook her head, "no. No more talking," she slapped her lips softly with her hand then walked away to a customer.

==================

There was a vibration in her pocket, she looked down at her pocket and pulled out her phone, 'it's an email.'

"Get off your phone." Macy looked up and her boss, the young man glared at her looking at her face at the phone in her hands. She smiled at him putting her phone back into her pocket. He shook his head at her then turned away.

=======

Macy glanced up when she could no longer see her boss, she smiled then walked to the part-timer, "Henry, I'm coming. I'll use the restroom."

Henry, the part-timer nodded, "okay go ahead." Macy walked away then entered the women's restroom then pulled out her phone.

'What's this?' She looked down at the phone then dialed a number and raised the phone to her left ear.

"Hello?"

"Ma'am it's Macy," she said to the woman she was calling.

"What is it?"

"I received the email."

"Oh, yes. You were appointed to do a very essential job. I hope you can do it and also keep secrets because your boss is a popular person."

Macy furrowed her eyebrow but nodded then face palmed herself, "yes ma'am."

"Okay then. You have to meet with his manager by 3 today, you will receive a message from his manager. So be ready. Goodbye Macy."

And the lady cut off the call. Macy furrowed her eyebrow and then dropped her phone from her ear, 'I guess it's a big work?' She huffed and then looked at her phone to check the time, her eyes widened, "it's 2 o'clock?? Oh, my goodness," she turned to rush out but stopped as her phone vibrated again.

It was a text message, 'Good afternoon. Miss Rayden. This is Mr. Davidson, your boss's assistant. I would like to discuss with you the job. Is it okay that we meet at Stave Restaurant by 3 PM today?' Macy immediately texted back, 'yes, it's okay. I'm coming now.'

She rushed away from the restroom looking at her watch, '2:48 PM,' her shift was already done. She walked behind the counter to a room then dropped her apron and grabbed her mini-sized bag. "Bye, Henry," she waved at the part-timer and rushed away.

================

Macy was sitting opposite the middle-aged man, "so, you're Macy Rayden, right?" She nodded, "yes sir." Mr. Davidson nodded then looked into his bag and brought out a file, he dropped it on the table and then looked up at her, "you're still in the university?"