9. Acting Assistant 2

The sound of heavy rain tapped loudly on the roof, a young boy was sitting at the corner holding his leg and resting his head on his knee, he looked up as he felt a drop of water on his body and saw that the roof was leaking. He scooted over moving away from where he was and managed to move away from the rain.

He held his leg tightly and rested his head on his knee again, his clothes were in dirt, and he was only dressed in a dark green trousers and a white singlet which looked like it was dipped into a pool of sandy soil and it was torn almost everywhere.

The house he was in looked haunted with the roof torn at few places, the house was an abandoned house. The young boy was crying silently with his eyes roaming around everywhere but he could not clearly see because it was midnight but luckily, the moon was bright and was somehow a light to him.

He cried silently, rubbing his arm and wincing at the injuries on his arms. He opened his mouth and said, "Mommy, where are you? Come and save me."

================

Macy picked up the pancake and pushed it into her mouth at once and drank the juice in her hands then she dropped the cup and rushed to keep the plate inside the sink. "I'll wash it when I come back."

"Where are you going so early? I thought you don't have classes on Tuesdays," Amie asked as she was sitting down opposite the table.

Macy stopped and turned back to Amie, which was the only one at the table, "I got a new job. Later, I have to go now. Greet Betsy for me when she wakes up," she announced and rushed out closing the door.

Amie looked at the door then let out a huff and frowned, "I wonder why Macy stresses herself so much. I don't even know much about her. She doesn't really say much about herself too," she shook her head by dismissing the thought and continued eating.

============

She walked inside the apartment and she removed her shoes then walked into the living room, she was taken aback to see Eric sitting down on the couch and staring at her.

"Oh, my goodness, you scared me," Macy said with her hands on her chest then she shook her head.

"Aren't you gonna greet your boss?"

She widened her eyes surprised by the monotonousness and coldness in his voice and she quickly bent down her head, "good morning Mr. Westcott."

Her heart was beating fast because she knows many bosses who have fired people because of these greeting issues and she don't want to be one of those people because she needed the money.

Eric uncrossed his legs, stood up and walked to her. And when he was standing opposite her, he touched her chin and raised up her face then stared into her blue eyes. Suddenly, he smirked and winked at her, "I sound badass, right?"

Macy paused for a moment then scoffed, glanced sideway and back to him then she slapped his hand which was on her chin off, "are you kidding me?"

Eric laughed stepping back a little then stuffed his hand into his pocket, "I know right? I looked fire and sexy."

Macy looked at him with a scowl on her face, "geez get ready let's go. I'm already getting annoyed."

And with a smirk on his face, he said, "there is no need to deny it because you, me and everyone knows that it's the truth."

Macy let out a frustrated huff, "can you stop and go?!" And she turned to him and asked, "what will I make for you?"

"Just coffee, I don't take breakfast," he turned to go but stopped and turned back to her, "your eyes are pretty," and he walked away.