12. Issues

DAVICHI- Please don’t cry
Yoon Mirae - Flower
Lyn – My destiny

“Good morning Miss Rayden.”

     Macy was sitting before a man dressed in a white lab coat, his black hair was in a hospital net, and from the bridge of his nose to his chin was covered by a face mask, he is a doctor. There was a name tag on his coat, ‘Dr. Matthew.’

“Good morning, doctor,” she replied with a glint of fear in her eyes.

“I’ll try to be fast because I have a surgery to go for,” he paused and looked at his watch and turned back to her, and continued while she nodded, “your mother, Mrs. Katherine Rayden is having a serious situation. She has been in a coma for almost a year and we are not sure when she would wake up. And we cannot conduct any surgery for her breast cancer because we are unsure if she would wake up or may die.” Macy flinched back at his words.

“Her body is not accepting the drip and medicine and we hope she would wake up or even accept the medicine so we can conduct the surgery because the cancer is getting bigger and if it does, I'm afraid that we would have to cut it off or she might likely die. So, Miss Rayden, this is what I want to inform you so that you can be ready for it and get everything ready.”

Macy looked away and cleared the tears in her eyes, she turned back to him and pressed her lips together, “o-okay d-doctor, thank you for informing me.”

The doctor nodded and stood up, “I have to go now,” he tapped her shoulders and gave her a reassuring smile then he walked away.

At the sound of the closed door, her glossy eyes bust in tears. The tears rolled down her cheeks and she hugged herself to reassure herself. Her hands tapped on her arms and she sniffed, “it’s okay. It’s okay,” she whispered tapping herself gently as she sobbed softly.

=======

Macy sat down holding her mom’s hand tightly, her eyes were shimmered with tears, “hey mom. How are you?” she managed to say in her hoarse voice.

She waited for a reply but there was none. She turned away and took her hands from her mom and covered her mouth to stop the sob. A tear rolled down her cheeks and another followed but she kept cleaning them off with her other hand.

Then she turned to her mother and yelled with tears in her eyes,

“Mom, can you open your eyes? I am suffering please wake up. I want to see your beautiful brown eyes.” she paused and waited again but there was no reply and she sobbed out dropping her head on her mother’s leg, “just... open... your... eyes...”

And she cried out loud, clenching into the blanket covering her mother.

=======

“Better do all it well, you prick. Bye.”

Eric said nothing with his monotonous face and he dropped the phone from his ear and he looked at the caller, ‘Manager Kelvin.’ He let out a hiss and dropped the phone on the couch beside him and he dropped down on the couch sitting on his phone.

“Good morning, Macy.”

He suddenly smiled at hearing her name and he stood up and walked to the front door. His smile dropped a little, “your eyes are red.”

Macy looked up at him and Todd who was staring at her too. She let out a shaky laugh, “I was reading yesterday. Exams are coming up soon.”

“Oh~ Right,” Todd nodded, “don’t stress yourself too much,” and he walked away.
Eric frowned at Macy who was nodding at Todd and shook off his head then he smirked at her, “did you miss me?”