25. Karma

“I know you were trying to help me but that wasn’t it.” Eric looked at the can of beer that he was holding and he looked up and smiled at Ronin.

“Sorry.” Ronin let his head drop down in shame.

Eric chuckled, “it's fine.”

“Then, I'll help you now. Anything you want, I’ll do it for you,” Ronin stated with enlightenment on his face.

Eric let out a leftward smile and nodded.

=============

Eric sat down on his bed, he picked up the package, and his eyes roamed through it. It was just a white small sized envelope. He popped his fingers into the envelope and it was kinda empty.

‘Just open it.’

He let out a huff and opened the envelope, he turned it around and pour out whatever was inside the envelope and a flash fell. His eyes narrowed, and he picked up the flash and stared at it with curiosity.

“What is this?”

He frowned and shook off the thought, he threw the flashback on the bed and looked away, “Nah, she is playing with me.”

He slipped a curious glance at the flash on the bed and let out a hiss then picked it up. He walked to his laptop, sat down on the chair, and switched on the laptop. He tapped his feet on the ground as he waited for the laptop to turn on. He quickly inserted the flash.

‘Five files?’

He opened the first file on his laptop. His eyes roamed around from left to right as he read the message.

“I know you’ve not read the letter I sent to you, so go and read it before you start watching this video.”

Eric rumbled his brows as he frowned. He stood up and rushed towards his wardrobe. He pulled out drawers to drawers until he found the letter just lying there. He picked it up and opened it hurriedly with curiosity shining in his eyes.

Eric, my son. Happy birthday. I'm sorry that I couldn’t wish you a happy birthday face to face. I'm so sorry. I hope you will enjoy your birthday with your girlfriend, Macy.’

Eric paused and swallowed the lump in his throat.

‘Don’t worry, I will support your relationship. You guys are so cute together. And about your father... I'm sorry that I couldn’t find out about him sooner. I'm sorry that I didn’t know who got me pregnant and I'm sorry that you didn’t see him. I'm so sorry that I left you... There is no excuse for what I did. I was a young woman who didn’t know what to do with her son because of her job and my idea to keep you safe was rubbish and there is no excuse for what I did. I abandoned you. A mother abandoned her son. I'm sorry. I don’t expect you to forgive me or accept my apology but I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry and that is why I started working in your company. And just ask for my help when you want. I’ll do anything to help you. I love you son.’

Eric let out a light laugh and looked away from the letter, he dropped his hand back to his side and sniffled.

“So, she made me read this letter for no reason,” he cleaned the tears in his eyes as he said letting a snort. Although, deep down, he was happy.

He dropped the letter back on the table and sat down on the chair, he clicked the mouse on the video and opened the video. As the video started, his mouth drop opened and he placed his hand over his mouth, “how? How did she get this video?”

============

“Good morning. It's fancy seeing you here.”

Eric chuckled but remained silent.