15. Chaos

Amie walked into the living room letting out a yawn, she stretched out her hands as she walked to the couch which was facing the television, “I slept so well.”

“Omg!” she halted. She looked down at the couch as she saw someone, she almost sat on the person, her brows furrowed, ‘who is this?’ She bent down, picked up the light remote which was on the table and she switched on the light, she dropped the remote and turned to the body on the couch.

“MACY?!” Her eyes widened as she stared at Macy who seemed to have passed out on the couch. ‘This has never happened? How is she sleeping here?’ Amie stretched her hand to tap her but stopped at the giggle of Macy’s. Her eyes widened and she gawked at her. Macy giggled again with a smile on her face. Amie shook her head and muttered, “no, this is not okay.”

She tapped Macy; Macy stirred in her sleep then eventually woke up. Her eyes opened and she was surprised at Amie who looked at her with sharp eyes.

“W-what happened?” she pulled herself up but kept looking at Amie who also didn’t look away.

“You were smiling in your sleep? And why did you sleep here? It’s unlike you,” Amie let out a hiss, “or are you sick?” She stretched out her hand and placed them on Macy’s forehead.

“Your forehead is not hot.”

Macy laughed and took Amie’s hand off her forehead, “I'm okay. And I came home late and was so tired, so I crashed on the couch.”

Amie nodded her head slowly as she looked away. A thought popped in her head and she turned back to Macy with a grin on her face, “did you go and visit your boyfriend? That’s why you are in his cloth?”

Macy choked at her own saliva, she suddenly looked down and her eyes widened at the fact that she was still in Eric’s jacket. She looked up at Amie who had a smug grin on her face, Macy raised her palm out and shook them, “no. This jacket is mine, I bought them in the men's shop because I like free and big clothes.”

“Ooh, right! And they are cheaper than women's clothes,” Amie nodded and laughed out. Macy followed and laughed awkwardly, she placed her hand on her forehead and looked down on the couch as she cursed herself silently.

========

He sat crossed-legged and sipped on the juice in his hand as his eyes roamed around the place. His forehead furrowed and he stood up and walked to the direction with his eyes on it, he placed his hand on it and his brows knitted.

“Is everything okay?” A middle-aged man asked standing beside him.

He shook his head, “This is dangerous, it can fall down and break, and that will cause injuries. Remove it,” he dropped his hand from the standing light and he turned back to the man and smiled, “please. Remove it.”

The man looked flushed at Eric and he stuttered as he nodded with a wide grin on his face, “okay Sir Eric.”

Eric smiled at the man as he watched him walking away with the standing light in his hands. He stuffed one hand into his pocket and looked around.

“What do you think? Is it okay?”

Eric smiled and turned around to Todd who stood where he was sitting. He walked back to Todd and sat down on his chair, “yeah, everything is good.”

Todd looked down at him then nodded, “right.” And he looked back up at the place.

“Oh!” Eric turned and looked up at Todd, “em, Macy. It’s already a month and a week or so, that she has worked and I think you should transfer half of the money to her.” He looked up at Todd but looked away and nodded to himself.