14. Moments

‘You follow me to a place we can make memories if you just take my hands’
- Bella Lambert

‘I hope he is fine now.’

She walked out of the elevator and walked straight to the door, she lifted her hands and pressed the door pin, but it rejected her. Her eyebrow furrowed in confusion and she pressed it again, ‘1507.’

It rejected her again.

“What’s going on?” She looked down at the lock and muttered, “I’m going to call Todd,” she brought out her phone and dialed the number, she raised her phone to her ear and bit her lower lips as she waited.

“Hello, Macy,” Todd called from the phone but there was so much noise from where he was.

Her face brightened as she heard his voice and she said, “good morning, Todd. The apartment-”

“Macy, what are you saying? I can’t hear you. Hello, Macy?”

She increased her voice a bit, “Todd, what am saying is that-”

“I’ll send you a message, okay?”

Todd cut off the call and Macy let a hiss and looked around consciously, she stopped as she saw a silhouette figure at the end of the hallway, she squeezed her eyes together to see clearly but her phone distracted her and she looked down at her phone,

Macy, I couldn’t hear you. Eric changed the passcode because of something that happened yesterday. The password is 2206. Don’t worry about us, just work inside the house and we will be back later. Thank you, Macy.’

She raised her eyes from her phone and to the end of the hallway, she furrowed her brows as she couldn’t find the silhouette figure. Her body shivered in fear and she quickly pressed the passcode and walked inside the apartment. She pressed her back against the door and with her hands held together, she pressed them against her chest, “what was that?”

She looked back at the door hole and let out a hiss when she didn’t find anyone, “maybe, I should just mind myself,” she muttered and walked in as soon as she removed her shoes.

She walked and looked into her phone, “they already left?” she asked herself and let out a hiss. She walked to the dining table, dropped her bag on the table, and sat down on the chair, “I wanted to know if they are okay,” she let out a pout as she stared at her phone.

“Okay, time for work,” she said to herself again and dropped her phone, and walked away.

====

Todd dropped the phone into his pocket and smiled, he looked up at Eric who was talking to a man, Todd chuckled, “I feel good.”

“What, sir?”

A young man beside him popped his head to Todd and asked, looking confused.

Todd shook his head and said, “I feel good for him,” he pointed at Eric and smiled again.

The young man looked back at Eric and back to Todd and nodded with confusion on his face, “okay… Sir.”

===

“We have to change the passcode.”

Todd let a huff at Eric, “you just came back and it's three in the morning. Rest and we will change it later.”

Eric turned him and raised a brow, “I’m not tired, or else you are. You, old man.”

Todd chuckled at him, “it’s just ten years that differentiate us.”