Arc 0 Chapter 2: Welcome to the World of Swords

November 4th, 19h00 (7:00 p.m,), Minato-Ku Osaka, House of the Jerichos, living-room:

2 days before the official start of Sword Art Online, Jean-Luc (Luckau) is invited by the Jericho family to share dinner with them and sleep at their home

*The conversation is in French*

Philippe: Alors, impatient to launch the official game J-L?

Jean-Luc: *Confident* Honnêtement, yes but it's the players who are the most impatient, how is Christophe?

Philippe: My son is too excited, and unfortunately, my other children want to play the game too tomorrow. So Sarah and I bought 3 other NerveGear and maybe will buy for us too if the game is good, but Christophe is not aware that his siblings have the NerveGear, so we want to make a surprise!

Jean-Luc: I see, first your family has bought this ancient ryokan-minshuku building to transform into your new house here just because to have both modern and traditional rooms at the same time.

Philippe: *Remembered about the transaction day* Yep and the ancient owner was freaking glad to sell it to us for the equivalent of 15 billion yen (114 000 000 $, 106 000 000 €). He and his wife are now leaving a very good peaceful and healthy retirement.

Jean-Luc: Isn't too big for only 6 members?

Philippe: A bit but the ryokan section with its ground floor and the first floor is mainly reserved for our guests and clients. The former minshuku section is now exclusively for us, you know the second and third floors are connected to each other with our new stairs installed recently, and these two floors represent the « main house ». The last floor as you know very well it's the work and hobby floor, filled on each room with tons of toys and books, games etc even a cinema room for half of the floor while the rest is filled with the servers and my space with my wife for working if we want to work at home.

Jean-Luc: It's been only 2 months since you were installed here, at least it's better to live out of the main city than in it it's quieter in this neighbourhood.

Philippe: *No regrets at all* Oh oui, not even an hour from the city centre, close to a park and a quite large forest with on the last floors of the house we have a very nice view of the Seto see, and even not far away from a gare station and public transports and last but not least, the twins are now closer to their school so it's more practical for them and for me (and Seira too).

Jean-Luc: *Glad for his friends* C'est très cool indeed for your family, they are happy to live here, especially the kids. It's better than living in the hyperactive city centre, even for me it was annoying to go to your former residence. But now all the Jerichos will invade my game oof! Don't break my game please, I had enough problems during the beta T_T...