Arc 0 Chapter 3: The Assault Team

12th November 2022, 12h00 (noon), Floor 1, Town of Beginning Merchant District:

Chris level 10, Koharu level 10, Luckau level 13. Total cols: 70 115

The trio is resting after completing some quests, but even if it's a game, their stomachs start growling loud enough to be heard by the rest

Koharu: *Stomach growling* 😳

Chris: *Restrain his laugh* 😅

Luckau: 😂, shall we eat? It's lunchtime!

Koharu: *Embarrassed* Why is there even a hungry system in VR games?! What kind of system is it?

Chris: That's called "realistic gameplay"

Luckau: I know, I know, but if we don't eat, we will receive a debuff starving which could go from losing ~5% to 99% to our own max life, defence and attack. So miam miam regularly.

They sit on a bench close to the fountain.

Luckau: Here is the bread.

Luckau gives the bread to Chris and Koharu.

Chris: *Taking the bread* Merci.

Koharu: Arigato.

They both open their mouth and eat the bread, but the bread is already hard and they shout of pain.

Chris/Koharu/Luckau: AHHHHHHH!!!!

Luckau: Mes dents, purée ça fait mal!!!

Chris: Luckau you idiot!!!

Koharu: Did you check the durability of the bread?!

Luckau: *Justify the issue* It was the slices of bread from this morning, I didn't know they would become perishable so fast!

Chris: *Complaints about him* You are the game developer and you don't know that, you kidding me?!

Luckau: Hey oh hein, I joined the team late, they could have already done coding this before my arrival, so shaddup!

A mysterious girl giggles at the situation

???: Hehehe

Koharu: !!

???: Oh sorry, it's really funny to see you three, I'm Sachi.

Koharu: I'm Koharu nice to meet you, and these 2 comics are Luckau and Chris.

Chris: *Saluting her* -Lut!

Luckau: Bonjour Sachi.

Sachi: It's nice to see people happy in this game, and hear funny things besides monsters, grinds, and quests.

Chris: Are you a solo player?

Sachi: Oh no, I'm with my friends from my high school but they are somewhere..., hey you three, do you have time to chat a bit? I've heard all sorts of rumours about you Koharu, Chris, and Luckau.