Pt.4

N A D I N E

I SHUT the front door, locking the top, and then the bottom. I shrug my dress jacket off, and let it fall onto the floor, before going upstairs, skipping two steps at a time.

I go into my room, and let my eyes wander to the bed.

The bed.

In my bed, wrapped up in all the blankets, lays Rue. Her hair is covering parts of her face, and her arms is draped across her chest. She must have decided that she was tired, and let herself curl up in my bed. My bed.

I sigh, before unbuttoning my shirt, and throwing it in the dirty clothes. I go into the bathroom, closing the door and walking to the shower. I turn the water on and wait for it to heat up. The downside of having three shower heads is that it takes longer for the water to get hot. The upside; great shower sex.

I unbuckle my pants and kick them off my legs. My boxers follow after, landing in the corner of my closet, which is connected to the bathroom.

Once I'm in the shower, I clean myself, letting the water wash all the soap off my body. I turn the water off and get out. I wrap the towel around my waist, and walk to the sink.

I do what I always do. Brush my teeth. Shave. And then wash my face. The same routine.

I put some black boxers on, and then follow that by grey sweatpants, not even bothering to put a shirt on.

When I return to the bedroom, Rue is still sleeping. Except now, the covers are thrown off her body as she stirs in her sleep.

I'm not going to bother moving her to another room. It's not like I'm going to sleep.

I walk out of the room, carefully closing the door, making sure not to wake her. I continue down the hall, stopping once I get to my office.

- - -

I spent all night finishing paperwork, making calls, returning emails.

All fucking night.

I rub my hands down my face, deciding that I need a drink.

Walking into the hallway, then down the stairs. But when a small, perky redhead, bumps into my chest, it makes me stop and tighten my jaw. After a few seconds of questioning my life, I look down at her, irritated.

She looks up at me gives, what seems like, a forced smile. "Hey," She greets awkwardly.

"What are you still doing here?" I ask. My voice is harsher than I meant it to be.

"My mom had messaged me last night, saying that she was going out and apparently needed a break from us." She says with a sarcastic laugh. "And your parents left this morning."

So basically I got stuck babysitting.

Great.

"You know. Maybe you could uh, maybe you could take us somewhere? You see, me and my brother wanted to go to this lake thing-"

"It's too cold for swimming."

She sighs defeated. "Well yea, but the lake is heated or something." She waves her hands around. "Look, I don't know. Me and my brother were supposed to go today, but my parents aren't here."

I tilt my head down, getting a good look at her. Her cheeks are slightly tinted, and her hair is pulled back into a messy bun.

"Okay." I say.

Her eyes widen. "Really?" She asks in a surprised tone.

"Tell your brother we're leaving now, or we aren't leaving at all."

She nods her head. "He's already getting ready." She gives me a slight smile, before descending down the dark hallway.

Her hips slightly sway when she's walking, and her hair bounces around.

And now I can't get the image of her silhouette, out of my mind. Her body was curved in the right places. She looked so angelic.

I walk into the kitchen, seeing my maid, Mrs. Danny, doing the dishes. She turns her head to peak over shoulder, instantly smiling once she sees me.

"Ah, Mr. Rossi." She says, turning the water off and taking the yellow rubber gloves she had on, off. "How are you?" She comes over to me, eyeing me up and down, studying to make sure I'm not sick or anything.

I give a forced smile. Don't get me wrong. Mrs. Danny is one of the only people I can actually stand to be around, but she acts like a worried Nonna every time I see her.

"I'm fine," I walk over to the glass cabinet where all the liquor is stored. "How are you?" I grab a cup and begin pouring the brown, strong liquid in.

"I'm fine, tesoro." She says with her warm, comforting voice. "Some of the packages you ordered are in the back." She motions to my downstairs office where most of my meetings are held.

"Thank you, Mrs. Danny." I swallow the whiskey, not even wincing at the burning sensation.

R U E

I enter the den where Alex had fallen asleep last night. Alex on the ground doing pushups. He has different clothes on from last night, and that's when see his backpack on the couch.

"So mom gave you a little care package too?" I ask, walking further in the room. Alex looks up at me and smiles. He does about five more pushups, before getting up and patting his clothes down.

"It's almost like she wanted to leave us." He laughs. I nod my head in agreement. Which is weird, because yesterday when I got home from school and accidentally sped on the,, she seemed pretty worried about us being around Nadine.

But then what does she do? She runs off the first chance she gets.

I wonder if she was even curious about are safe being.

I clear my throat, trying to forget about the strange feeling in my chest. "Well, I came to tell you that Nadine is willing to take us the Cristal River if we leave now. Like, right now. It's now or never. Like literally. He said if we don't leave now, we're not leaving at al-"

"OKay." Alex says, interrupting us. "I got it, sis."

I smile. "Just making sure."

———

𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐀 : 𝐛𝐥𝐲𝐧𝐧

𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐀 : 𝐛𝐥𝐲𝐧𝐧.𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐭