Pt.12

N A D I N E

KAYLEE LOOKS up at me through her eyelashes, "But I know what I want." She whispers, running her fingers up and down my arm.

"There's too much going on right now." I slightly push her to the side and try to walk off, but before I can, she catches my wrist and keeps a firm grip.

"I know you want this too," she bashes her eyelashes at me and softly smiles. "You want me to go to sleep, don't you?"

Her hands trail up to my chest then down to the waist of my pants. I groan.

"Fuck this." I pick her up and wrap her legs around my waist. She smirks as if she's accomplished something.

Rue's POV

"Maybe you would have energy if you weren't up all night on that damn phone."

"If your brother can do it, so can you."

"Your no daughter of mine."

My fathers insults were drowning me. I was surrounded by water, I couldn't stay upon the surface. It was like a weight was pulling me down to the bottom. I can't swim, I can't move. I'm paralyzed. I scream, the water suffocating the sounds.

But then a strange noise begins to fill my senses. Getting louder and louder every second. The sounds- it's like Wales- wait- Wales?

I jerk myself awake, and frantically look around the room. I feel my heart beat slow down at the thought that it was just a dream. It felt so real though.

I bring my hand to my forehead. I slightly gasp realizing how hot it is. Am I coming down with a fever? Oh god I hope not. My mom's not here to baby me. Maybe that's a good thing.

I lay back down, my head meeting the uncomfortable pillow we took from the couch. I can't sleep anymore. I need to get up and do something-

what is that-

I look around the room, internally gagging once I see where that pitiful noise is coming from.

Nadine and a girl with pure black hair, entangled in the sheets of a bed. A bed that I could've been sleeping on instead of the dirty ass floor. How the fu- how did I not notice there was a bed in here.

I mean- I guess this room is pretty big for a basement, but still.

Think before you speak, Rue. Think, think, think. "What the hell is wrong with y'all?" I stand up and March over to them. I cover my eyes, slightly looking through the space between my fingers.

"Don't you mind?" The girl asks, moving off Nadine and covering herself with the sheets.

"I do mind actually. There are people sleeping and all you can do is think about sex?" I whisper-yell, "you're lucky I'm the the only person you woke up. Either that or everyone else is just pretending so they don't have to confront you."

"It's not that deep," she says with a laugh, "we were jus having fun, didn't mean to piss you off." I hate to say this. But she's pretty. Long black hair, fairly tan skin, slim waist with curves. She has slight freckles running over her nose and cheeks, "I'm Kaylee by the way." She says, putting her clothes back on.

I raise an eyebrow at her, "I don't remember asking." I dismiss her and look towards Nadine who doesn't look the slightest bothered, nor embarrassed.
I wait till Kaylee steps into the bathroom and hear the click of the lock.

I turn back to Nadine and look at him annoyed. He sees my expression and laughs at it, "What? Mad?" He says with a chuckle.

No Nadine, I'm not mad, I'm annoyed that you woke me up because you decided that you were horny in the middle of the night, but I'm not gonna say that.