Pt.51

Rue's POV

ALL WE'VE DONE is train. Weeks and weeks have gone by. Nadine hasn't talked to me. He's ignoring me. I just don't know why. 

"Hey, Rue." I look to the side to see Alex catching up with me. We just got out of a knife throwing lesson. I could say I did well, but that's an understatement. Not to make it about me, but I would say... hmm... maybe the second best out of us all.

Jk, I wasn't that good. It took me three try's before I finally hit a bullseye.

Alex's hair sticks to his forehead, due to the sweat. My hair is in a high ponytail with a few strands out. Alex is wearing shorts and a man beaters grey tank top. I'm wearing skin tight leggings and a skin tight black sports bra. (I also have a bra under it. Don't ask questions.)

"Where are you going?" Alex asks, trying to keep up.

"I'm going to my room. Got nothing better to do." I continue walking down the long hallway. I make it to the stairs. The two training rooms, are in a hallway towards the right of the staircase.

I think the first week we stayed here, I had got lost. Nadine found me in the library. Which is really cool that there is a library here.

I start walking up stairs, but I feel Alex's hand close around my wrist. I roll my eyes and turn to face him. He has a serious look on his face. "I need to talk to you about Nadine."

I shrug my shoulders. "What about him?"

"I know you're seeing him." I scoff and try to pull my arm away. "Listen, I'm serious."

"Look. I'm not seeing him. Or at least- at least not anymore. Happy?"

"Yes, actually. He's dangerous. I don't want you near him."

"So now you want to start playing big brother?"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

Before I could get the chance to yell at him, a bunch of noise starts coming from the training room. I look at Alex, he looks confused as I am.

In unison, we both make a run towards the training room. When we walk in, everyone is in a circle yelling. It's only then that I realize there's a fight. Me and Alex walk towards them and push through.

In the middle, Nadine and Diego are fighting. Diego throws a hard punch for Diego's face, but Nadine takes it and goes back to punching him in the stomach.

Kaylee isn't doing anything to stop it, she's standing there, too shocked to actually do anything.

"Man, beat his ass, Nadine!" Dante yells. I push him in the chest.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" He looks at me amused and throws his hands up in surrender.

"Just having fun, Tesoro."

Heat makes its way to my face. I quickly turn towards the fight. I feel like I haven't heard that word in ages.

Nadine gets Diego on the ground. He throws a few punches to his face and stands up. "Just stay down, Diego!" Nadine yells.

Diego quickly gets back on his feet. "You started it, man."

I turn to Naomi, she's staring intently as Diego gets back up. She winces every time a punch is thrown to the face. "Fucking hurts." She murmurs to herself.

"What the hell happened." I ask, scooting closer to her. She looks at me surprised.

"If you stayed, you would have seen Nadine accidentally bump into Diego. Diego is crazy, man." She goes back to watching the fight.

I can't break it up. I'm not trying to get hit in the face. For a split second, Nadine looks up, and his gaze meets mine. I see everything.

Nadine knees Diego in the stomach. He punches him, and back in the ground Diego goes.

Diego could die.

Without thinking, I run over to a a containment cage that holds all of our weapons. I open it and grab a handgun. I open the chamber.

No bullets.

Fuck.

On the floor of the cage, I see a box of bullets. Grabbing them, I load it up before slamming it into the chamber. I cock the gun back and aim at a punching bag.

I take a deep breath, and slowly pull the trigger. The loud sound echoes through the room. Everyone stops yelling and looks up at me. Their eyes widened with fear and shock.

"What the fuck is wrong with y'all?! We are out here training six hours a day, so that we can stop the French. And y'all are over here cheering on a fight?" I take deep breaths.

Nadine looks up at me. "If you don't like it so much. Leave. No ones forcing you to watch." He scoffs.

I widen my eyes in shock.

What.

The.

Fuck.

All I feel is hurt. But I'm not going to let him know that. Because I also feel anger. Anger at myself for letting him treat me this way. Anger at him for treating me this way. And anger at the world because why the fuck not.

"I will. You guys can fight all you want now. I won't be here to stop it. If you die, that's on you." I throw the gun down and walk out of the training center.

I go up to my room and grab my backpack. I get clothes out of the drawer and stuff them in my bag. I go to the bathroom and grab my toothbrush and medicine. I slip a sweatshirt over my bra, and grab my bag.

When I open the door, guess who's standing there.

If you guessed Nadine, you get a point.

"Don't leave." He walks in, pushing the door open."I didn't mean what I said."

"Then what did you mean?" I ask with sarcasm. "If you didn't mean it, you shouldn't have said it." I shrug, trying to pass him. He puts his arm out, trapping me.

And I lose it.

"What the actual hell is wrong with you?" I ask in disbelief. "I have been giving you your space, hoping you come around to at least check on me!" I yell. "But now when I'm finally done, you want to come and stop me?" I laugh. "You're fucking crazy."

I see his jaw lock. "I know. I'm sorry."

"Sorry, is all you ever say. I'm starting to think you don't actually mean it."

"You don't know what shit I'm going through right now."

"Your right! I don't know. Because you won't talk to me! All I want is for you to tell me what's wrong, let me help you. One second you were fine, then the next-I haven't had a real conversation with you in three weeks. Did I do something?" I feel like I'm on the verge of tears. But I won't let him see me like that. Not again.

He stares down at me with a blank face. "No, you didn't do anything." He says.

"Then why are you doing this to me?!" I yell. I drop my back pack and walk closer to him. "Were you sick of hanging with me! Did you finally realize how ugly or messed up in the head I am?!"

"No."

"Then what is it!" I slap my fists on his chest and continue hitting him. "What did I do?" I'm sobbing. I should have stayed quiet.

"Can we sit down and talk about it?"

I scoff. "Now you wanna talk? Where have you been? I needed you and you threw me aside like- like I'm nothing. So yes. Please explain. Explain why you're so different now-"

"I'm getting married."