Pt.20

Don't play the song until I say👹🔪

Rue's POV

WHY DID THE LIGHTS CUT OUT. This wasn't apart of the plan. At least I don't think.

"What happened?" I don't know if I'm talking to myself or Nadine.

"I don't know." His arm snakes around my waist, holding me close to him.
"Don't go anywhere."

Its not like I have a choice.

"What's happening" my voice sounds shaky, I sound so weak and miserable.

I am weak and miserable. I don't want to be here. I want to be home with my parents. I may not exactly get along with them, but there still my family. And they're all I really have.

"Don't be scared, Tesoro." his arm tightens around me. "Everything will be fine."

Alex.

Where is Alex.

Where is my brother, my best friend, the person who I will risk the world for.

Where is he.

And it's almost as if Nadine read my thoughts.
"Alex and Aniyah are safe. They went to the back of the casino."

It didn't help. What if someone followed them, what if they're already dead and someone is texting from their phone to try and kill us next.
What if-

"Your shaking." Nadine whispers.
I guess I didn't notice how terrified I am.

"Are we still gonna go with the plan?"

"We're gonna try. The lights are still off, but I felt comfort with Nadine around. Maybe it was because of how tall he was, or how scary and manipulative he seems.

"Wait- don't you own this place, can't you just go and see what's up?" My words sound hurried, like I had just ran three miles without stopping.

"We're trying to be discreet, remember?" This man is so dumb. He has the power to kill this 'Ivan' man at any moment he pleases. But he wants to be 'discreet'-

"Why is Ivan acting as if this is his casino?" I ask

"Because it is. We share the property. Or at least, we used to, but a couple years ago, we wanted him to sign the property off to us and only us. But he refused. He was still mad about some drama he had between my parents before I was even born." And now it makes me wonder. What made the Italians and Latinos make their own peace treaty? What brought us to together?

(Play the song now 🎧 🎵)

Suddenly blue, and red spot lights start covering the stage. Music begins to fill my ears, but its not the jazz music from earlier. It's slow sexy music.

What the actual fuck is going on.

A man stands in the middle of stage. The spotlight is currently on two of the strippers, one on each side of him, both dancing in sync to the beat of the music.

"Good evening" his voice is cold. Sickening. His thick Russian accent sliding off his tongue, but not in a good way. "Tonight is a very special night, because at this very moment we are going to be opening what we like to call the red rooms. In the red rooms, we give you each 30 minutes with our girls for each game you win. No money involved, just lust and dominance."

So it's basically a private room? No need for the dramatic stance 'Ivan'

"This is gonna cost us a lot of money, and he knows that." Nadine keeps his arm around my waist, never for a second letting go."We have to do this now or never." He releases my waist and grabs my chin, forcing me to look at him, he's careful not to hurt me, but to still keep my attention."I need you to go to the back of the building and go into a room that has the label 'Ruella' on it. Do you understand?"

I nod my head yes, my body was shaking, my mouth was dry and my mind was coming up with terrible ways a person could die.

Drowning.

Torture.

Burned alive.

Okay, let me stop thinking about this.

Nadine releases me and pushes me slightly, into the direction of the back.

Pushing past a few people who are in my way, I finally make it to the back of the casino.

Ruella, Ruella, Ruella, where the fuck are you?

"Finally," I push the door open and see an office space. It has a nice wood desk, with a leather spinning chair. The walls are a soft pink with designs paint d in gold, on the wall.

I close the door behind me and make sure to lock it.

Now what am I supposed to do? Just sit here and be bored out of my mind?

I sit down in the chair and slowly start spinning around in it. My head starts to hurt, so I decide to stop spinning and start looking around the room.

There's a wooden box with words engraved on it, "Ruella's heart"

What is up with the name 'Ruella'? Why is it so important?

I open the box to see picture, a ring, and stones inside. The pictures had the same beautiful face in all of them, a woman with golden blonde hair and ocean blue eyes. In some of the photos stood the same evil face that started this all.

"Ivan" I whisper. This must be his wife.

Or ex wife. I pick up the engagement ring that laid in the box. On the inside of the ring, the initials, 'R+I' are engraved. He had a whole ass shrine in this box. He must have been heartbroken, they looked so in love.

One day, I hope to fall in love with someone that makes me feel like the world around me doesn't exist . That'll never happen though, so I should probably stop wasting my birthday candle wishes.

The stones in the box are nice and flat.
Again, the initials 'R+I' are engraved in all of them.

This dude is obsessed.

I look through all of the pictures, until I come across one that really catches my eye.

It's a picture with My parents, Nadine's parents, the rest of the council, and Ivan with his wife.

They all looked so happy. I wonder what tore them apart.

-Brooke ♥️