Pt. 46

Nadine's POV

I stumble towards the door and quietly enter the house. It's about two in the morning, I just got back from Ivan's. We had a few too many drinks. I ended up driving my own car back, even though I was wasted.

At least I didn't crash.

I stumble up the stairs, holding onto the railing for dear life, making sure not to fall.

Maybe five minutes later, I finally make it to the hallway where all the rooms are. I slowly walk through the hallway. The only door that's open, is the room Aniyah slept in.

After staring for a few seconds, I pass and make it to my door. But instead of going in, I take a u-turn, and end up going into Rue's room.

I quietly open the door, making sure it doesn't make a creaking sound. It's pitch black, but the moonlight coming through the curtains, gives me enough sight to see where Rue is laying.

I unbutton my shirt and throw it to a random part of the room. I unbuckle my pants and slip my shoes off too, leaving me in only my boxers.

I slowly walk over to the bed and get in under the covers. Rue moves a little as I settle in next to her. I hesitantly put my arm around her waist, careful not to wake her.

From what I can see, she's still wearing her sports bra, but instead of shorts, she now has on a pair of grey sweatpants.

She moves around, probably trying to find a comfortable position. She turns on her side, so that she's now facing me. Her eyes flutter open. A soft smile makes a way into her lips.

I tuck a piece of hair behind her ear and cup her cheek. "I missed you," I whisper.

"Are you drunk?" She asks.

"Does it matter?" I ask, a hint of sarcasm mixed in my words.

She lets out a big, exaggerated, sigh. "I missed you, too." She whispers back. I prop myself up on my elbows and look down at her. "Are you okay?" She asks, nuzzling herself into my chest.

I guess it takes me a while to answer, because she looks up at me with a worried look. "What's wrong?" She asks.

I shake my head, "it's nothing. I just... I just have a lot on my mind, I guess."

She doesn't look too impressed with my answer.

"Seriously. I'm fine." I assure, maybe a little harsher than I intended to.

"Okay. Just making sure."

I stare at her for a moment. Taking in all her features. I lean down and place a quick peck on her lips.

She looks surprised by my action, but softly smiles. She reaches up and kisses me back. I feel her hand creep up to my neck, pulling me down, making the kiss deeper.

Her lips slightly part, giving me the chance to push my tongue in. She tastes sweet as I explore her mouth. Tasting every inch.

I feel her smile against my mouth. I pull away and look down at her.

"What're you smiling at?" I ask with a laugh. She bites her bottom lip. She shakes her head, dismissing whatever she was going to say.

"It's nothing. I just... I just like what we have going on." She admits. A slight smile fades onto my lips. I like what we have going on, too. A lot.

She's gonna hate me when she finds out. But the only way to ensure that my Mafia- well, the rest of my Mafia, plus a a few dozen people I have out in Italy- stays safe, is too marry the daughter of the Russian leader.