Pt.48

R U E

WE GET TO the house with loads and loads of blankets. Fluffy ones, furry ones- any blanket you want, we have.

"I have to leave in-" Nadine looks down at his watch then glances back up, "in 2 hours. So if we want to do this, we have to do it now."

We go inside. Alex and Kaylee have probably gone upstairs, so we decide we're gonna make the fort in the living room. It's big and spacey, and there's a T.V.

Nadine stands still as I take all the blankets out of the bags. "Can you maybe uh- help."

"Shit- I don't know what to fucking do."

I roll my eyes and laugh.

- - -

It only took us an hour and 30 minutes for us to finally finish our amazing fort. Which we decided to name Delilah.

Mostly because- and this is surprising- we both found out that the song, 'Hey there Delilah,' was a song that we could both agree to listen to while we- I mean, I- built the fort.

"You did a good job- well, I think you did a good job. Like I said, I didn't even know what a blanket fort was until this morning."

I shyly smile, "thanks for having the same taste in music as me. I don't think I can listen to whatever Italian music you like."

"And I don't think I'd be able to listen to any of your salsa music. Or is it Taylor Swift you listen to?" He laughs.

"Hey! That's Cuba, not Puerto Rico, you racist. And how many times do I have to remind you. A white hispanic, is still a Hispanic." I joked. "And a lot of people like Taylor Swift. She's basically the music industry."

He rolls his eyes and laughs. "Well, I only have 30 minutes left. What do you want to do?" Nadine looks at me curiously.

"Well let's see how it looks on the inside first."

The entrance to our fort has a blanket that is used as a door. I pull the blanket to the side so we can enter. I had bought fairy lights and hung them up so it wouldn't be so dark. It gave the empty space a nice touch.

I pull a few pillows in and set them up, making a little spot for us to lay down. I don't waste a second before plopping my head down into the fuzzy pillow. Nadine laughs and chuckles, watching me get situated. He lays his head down on the pillow next to me.

"I want to talk to you about this morning." Nadine suddenly says. I turn my head and lay on my side.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I don't want you to feel pressured into doing something you don't want to do. When you said you weren't ready, I thought it was about anything that had to do with real physical touch. But when you started kissing me, more and more. I was confused. And then this morning-"

"What did I tell you in the shower." I simply say.

I had told him that I loved him. And he didn't say it back. Which I completely understand. But when I said I wasn't ready, I really meant that I'm just looking for the right time. And now, isn't it.

"Don't make me say it." He says.

"What's wrong with saying it." I scoff. I sit up and pull my knees to my chest. "Are you mad that I said it?" I ask.

"Of course not. I just- I don't know why you're still doing- whatever this is- with me. Even after I told you-"

"I know what you said. And it's okay. I may not be ready to have sex, but it doesn't mean I don't want to be physical with you."