Pt.35

Rue's POV

AS WE MAKE it off the dance floor, we start looking around for everyone.
The place was packed, and there were way too many people here.

"Is everyone here in the Mafia?" I ask, scooting a bit closer to Nadine.

He looks down at me, "No, not everyone." he says and walks a little faster.

We find Aniyah still sitting at the table, but this time, she isn't alone. A girl with Raven black hair, pale-ish skin, and blue eyes, sits at the table, sharing a drink with Aniyah.

I hear a bit of their conversation, not on purpose, but on accident.

"We could do it at my place?" I hear Aniyah whisper.

Do what Aniyah? Have a cup of coffee.

The girl with black hair giggles at this, and runs a hand through her hair. They both hold very flirtatious looks as they speak, and are caressing each other's hands.

"Are we interrupting something," Nadine says, sarcasm laced in his words. The girl with black hair, quickly moves away from Aniyah, leaving Aniyah confused and flustered. Aniyah brushes it off and looks back at us.

"Yea, you were, now can you leave again?" Aniyah asks, tilting her head to the side with a sharp smile.

"Don't worry, we're all leaving. I've had enough of this ball." He says, fixing his suit-collar.

"It feels like we just got here." Aniyah whines. I look down at my watch. The time is 11:15 pm. It does feel like we just got here. I guess time passes when you're having "fun".

"Just go outside, the limo's waiting." Nadine orders. Aniyah stands up, but before she walks away, she slips the girl with black hair, a white piece of paper. She gives a little smirk, and walks out the front doors.

I look at Nadine, but he's already looking away, probably searching for the others. I wonder if he would be mad to know that Aniyah is most likely gonna have company later.

Now we just need to get Diego, Alex, and Kaylee.

Diego was still having drinks with the blonde from earlier. He looks rough.
I guess that's what happened when... well I don't know, I guess that's just what happens when you drink to much.

"Diego." Nadine says as we walk up to them. Diego nods his head, ignoring his presence.

He's wasted.

The blonde girl gives us a nasty look, but when she sees Nadine's fist curl up into a ball, she quickly wiped that look off her face and walks away.

"Diego," Nadine nudges him. Diego flinches awake and starts looking around the room. "Jesus, Diego, calm down."

"My bad, I just felt like I was falling for a minute." He laughs and try's to stand up.The second his feet step onto the ground, he stumbles down.

"I think he passed out." I say, directing my attention towards Diego, who is now unconscious on the floor.

"Yea no shit, Rue" I look to my right, and see an irritated Nadine looking down at Diego's body, "Come on, help me get him up before anyone sees him like this." Nadine whisper-shouts.

I don't say anything, I just do what I'm told.

Like always.

"Hey guys!" I turn around to see Alex and Kaylee, arms linked together, smiles tugging at their lips, and eyes filled with joy. When did this happen?

Nadine stares harshly at the two. He rolls his sleeves up and the veins on his arms make a fine appearance. "Don't just stand there, help me get him to the limo, we're leaving." Nadine orders.

Alex and Nadine grab Diego by the shoulders and start dragging him through the room. Alex isn't smiling anymore, which is sad because I rarely see him like this.

I'm just a few feet away from Diego, but I can smell the liquor off of him. We walk outside to see Aniyah sitting in the limo, the window rolled down, a cigarette between her fingers, and sunglasses pressed against her face.

#girlboss

"Y'all took your time, huh?" Aniyah asks, she pulls her sunglasses down a bit, so that they're resting peacefully on the tip of her nose.

"He's not exactly light," Nadine mumbles.

Aniyah steps out of the car and holds the door open, allowing them to set Diego in there, 'nice and neat', "I'll be sure to tell him." She does a sarcastic salute to Nadine, and gets back in the car.

Alex let's out an exaggerated breath as he brushes himself off, "So we can leave now, right?" He asks, still breathing heavily.

"Yea, let's go."

We all get in the car  and are instantly met by the warm air. It's still snowing outside and the air is a little too cold for my liking.

The limo pulls away from the curb and we head off. The roads have a soft ice glaze over them. If we weren't under the current circumstances, I think I'd enjoy being in Russia.

After five or ten minutes, I soon feel my eyes get droopy, and just as I'm about to close them, a voice cuts in.

"FERMA L'AUTO." Nadine's accent cuts me off. I feel the car jerk to a stop, and when I look around, I find that we're near a forest.

"Why the hell are we here, Nadine?" I hear Aniyah whisper-shout. She's right, where the hell are we, and why the hell are we here?

"I think I just saw Elizabeth and Harlem."

Nadine just saw his Parents.

———

𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐀 : 𝐛𝐥𝐲𝐧𝐧

𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐀 : 𝐛𝐥𝐲𝐧𝐧.𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐭