Is this the end ?

Her hair glistens in the moonlight seeping in from the opened window, her pale skin cold to the touch. There she stands, holding her newborn baby.

The baby coos and cries, begging for the soft touch of her mother. The baby is unreal. Soft skin, beautiful big blue eyes, a head full of thick, black hair.

She couldn't understand how this was possible. How was she standing here, holding a baby.

Holding her baby.

The girls body was filled with euphoric vibrations, she couldn't stop smiling as she stared down at something that was supposed to be dead.

And it was then that it hit her. No, it wasn't her baby who was "meant" to die.

It was her.

Confusion is all she felt. She had been in a haze during the months of her pregnancy. And now, it's like the child opened her thoughts and unanswered questions. She began to evaluate everything that ever happened to her that led up to this very moment. And in this small pause of time, there was only one person on her mind.

Well, how about two.

Her daughter.

And Nadine Rossi.

Nadine, Nadine, Nadine, Nadine, Nadine, Nadine, Nadine, Nadine, Nadine, Nadine, Nadine, Nadine, Nadine, Nadine, Nadine, Nadine, Nadine, Nadine, Nadine, Nadine, Nadine, Nadine, Nadine, Nadine, Nadine.

His name was like water, and she was drowning in it. He wasn't even here yet he was suffocating her like a curse. A curse he had cast in their last moments together. It felt so long ago.

It had only been 9 months and sixteen days exactly.

It felt like she was stuck in time. Had it really been that long ago since she last saw him? Rue could still taste her salty tears from that night. She could hear Nadine's soft sorry's and feel the last kiss they shared.

But it was all gone now.

Their love is now a very distant memory.

And it's hard to say, but I wouldn't call it love anymore. Not to Rue. No, Rue was no longer in love. She was in madness.

AUTHORS NOTE
I'm not yet sure if I want to continue the full story of Rue and Nadine , but I do know I will be creating a story with their daughter. So if you want, you can stay tuned for that. I'm trying to finish writing before putting chapters out but we'll see how it goes 🤷‍♀️