Pt.14

Nadine's POV

"SO WHAT YOU'RE saying, is the Russians just snuck in?"

"Listen, we don't know for sure what happened, but we do know for sure, is that the Russians did all this." I try to ensure people that we were safe, but in reality, we were no where close to being 'safe'. We're just kids... I mean- 'kids' who know how to load guns, but 'kids' nonetheless.

"Guys, I don't feel so well. The smell is making my head hurt." Kaylee groans, holding on to her stomach.

She's right. We HAVE to clean up.

"Kaylee's right. This place is filled with dead people. The longer we wait, the more our guard will be down." Diego says.

"Jesus- fine. Well clean up the place!" I slightly yell.

Everyone looks relieved.

Relieved? They wanna clean? Ok.

"But after we're done-" everyone looks at me, "We're finding the council. Even if we have to go all the way to Russia to do it."

Everyone looks shocked, scared, angry even. But I don't care. I'm finding my parents, one way or another. Even if in the end, I'm the last man standing.

Rue's POV

Everyone has mops, gloves, buckets, sponges, anything you could think of. We found all this cleaning supplies in the storage closet upstairs. Now we have to do the hard part.

It smelled so bad I wanted to die right there.

"Ok, so the first thing we have to do is throw all these bodies-"

wait, where are we supposed to put all these bodies?

"My father has secret dumpsters hidden near the river for this exact reason." Nadine announces, as if he read my exact thought.

"Ok, so are we gonna have to just drag these bodies all the way down there?"

"No, we're gonna take the truck that's in the garage" he said as if I was supposed to know. How would I know? I don't even live here.

"Ok, let's do this."

-

After packing all those bodies into the truck, we finally made it to the river. Nadine drove next to the edge of the water, leading us into the forest.  He stopped when we were in front of a tall, big, gorgeous tree.

Nadine got out of the car and went towards the tree. Me, Diego, and Aniyah followed behind him.

Nadine was patting all over the tree as if he were looking for something. I heard a click and suddenly the tree had opened. Well, a camouflaged door had opened, revealing a dumpster.

Nadine opened it, and as soon as that happened, the smell of blood and rot filled my senses.

Everyone started gagging and coughing. I covered my nose in disgust.

"What the hell!" I was still coughing, my eyes were starting to water.

"I told you." Nadine coughs "this dumpster has a purpose."

"What happens to the bodies that go through here." I ask, still coughing.

He wipes his nose and stands up straight, "They go into the river where no one will ever find them."

"Sucks." Diego laughs from behind me. I hear Diego groan, "ow, what the fuck Aniyah," I turn around to see Diego holding his arm, "it's not that deep, I was just joking," he excuses with a laugh.

Aniyah raises an eyebrow, "Well it wasn't funny."

Okay, I'll remember that.

Do. Not. Cross. Paths. With. Aniyah.

Easy, done.

"Okay guys, cut that shit out, I'm ready to go back." Nadine complains. We all get in the truck, waiting for Nadine to start the engine. The river is 15 minutes away from the house. Luckily for us, we're in a isolated area, meaning we have no neighbors.

Cool, I know.

Everyone gets in the truck, Aniyah and Diego ride in the very back. We start to head off.