Pt.37

Nadine's POV

OH MY FUCKING GOD. I can't believe I'm begging her.

She steps towards me. A smirk tugging at her lips, "Did the one and only, Nadine Rossi, prince of the Mafia-"

"King," I correct her.

She smiles, "King, of the Mafia, just say 'please'?" She asks innocently.

I scoff, "Only you would think that."

"Is that suppose to be an insult?" She raises an eyebrow. Waiting for my answer.

She attempts to keep a serious expression, but fails as It turns into her laughing hysterically.

"It wasn't that funny, Rue," she stays laughing and looks up at me.

"Only you would think that." She imitates me using a deep voice and lifting her shoulders, so that she's standing straight.

"Rue." I say seriously, "I really am sorry. I would never call you or your brother, crazy."I finish. Her expression changes and her face turns soft.

"It's fine." She fiddles with her fingers a bit, "But, that's not what I was mad about. And it really does hurt me that you didn't listen to anything else I said.." She says, her expression dying down a bit.

"Your not a 'fuckbuddy' or a toy to me, Rue. Your a person. A person who has feelings, and I'm sorry I didn't recognize them." I take small steps towards her, "I'm trying really hard. And your the only person who has ever actually asked me how I feel. And it scared me. So I'm sorry for pushing you away, but you have to understand this is so different to me. But I swear to you, I am trying my hardest."

"That's what I'm afraid of," she whispers, "if this is you doing your best, what happens when your at your lowest?" I can sense that a few tears are about to slip. "I don't want to be pushed away, or left alone. It's only been a few weeks since I met you, and it's already starting to hurt. You say you've never felt this way, but why now? Why me?" She asks.

Why her?

I don't fucking know. When I first met her I though she was annoying and wouldn't leave me alone. But now... I don't know.

So why her?

I guess fate happens when we're not looking.

This happened so fast. From the day at the river, to now. I don't want to hurt her, but I sure as hell done want to leave her.

"Give me one more chance."

"Nadin-"

"Just one more. And if I mess up, hurt you, leave you... I'll never bother you again. Please, Prudence."

She stands still and quiet. She looks down at the ground, but when she does finally look up, tears are pouring. Did I lose my chance? Did I already hurt her, again, "Rue?"

"Okay." She whispers.

"Okay?" I ask, making sure I heard her correctly.

"One more chance." She confirms. "This doesn't mean we're together, yet." I let out a breath of relief, finally letting my shoulders sag and my breathing become normal. Maybe friends is just what we need to be right now. Maybe one day we could possibly be more.