Pt.8

N A D I N E

I SLIP my shirt up my arms, and slowly button it up. I leave a few button undone, and slide my coat on.

A text comes in as I finish shaving a bit of facial hair.

1 new message

Harlem Rossi : We just arrived at HQ, everyone's expecting you, son.

I roll my eyes at the message. The motherfucker just can't be patient.

Me : I'm on my way                                                                                                                                                                        *Seen*

I get into my car, turning the engine on, before driving down the street.

- - -

I pull into the large clearing, parking my car at the front of the Head Quarters. I get out, instantly feeling the cool air run through my hair and across my skin.

I'm an hour late, but I don't care.

Oh well.

I walk up the white steps, passing the water fountain, before reaching the glass doors. The guards ID me, and then let me pass. The yellow glow of the lights, makes the chandelier hanging from the ceiling, reflect the light, letting a soft glow illuminate the lobby.

I make my way into the main room. Everyone is all dressed up. Suits and dresses. Dress shoes and high heels. Shaved faces and makeup. Everyone looks their best.

And they should. Because today is the anniversary of the united Mafias. The day three Mafias were brought together through marriage.

Puerto Rico. Italy. And Russia.

Years and years ago. My Mother and father were born into two different Italian Mafias. My father being from The South. And my mother from The East. They got married for an alliance. And later on, formed another. With Russia.

The daughter of second in command, was engaged to the Russia Mobs leader. Ivan Titov. Who later on, was also the cause of a war. A war between the Russia and Italy mafias.

And so another alliance was born.

Puerto Rico and Italy.

It's a very long story. A story I don't have time for.

My father approaches me, two cups of whiskey in his hands.

"What took so damn long?" He growls, pushing the whiskey toward me.

I hide my grin and accept the drink. "I had to get all prettied up." The bitterness in my voice is sharp, and I don't bother to hide my distaste for him.

R U E

I want to go home already. I was supposed to have a nice day by myself, sitting in a nice bath, maybe drinking some of my parents' wine, pretending that I'm in a movie. But nooo, dad said that he had business plans, and that it is required that I, and my brother accompany him and my mother.

I don't know why he thinks we should suddenly be attending every event, considering we never went to one of these things before.